¿Why there are ASPXs in "Temporary Internet files"?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Juan T. Llibre, Jan 13, 2005.

  1. If you copy any of those "aspx" files,
    you'll see that no source code is found in it.

    The actual file stored is in .htm format in the Temp internet
    files folder, and contains the "rendered HTML" that your
    original "aspx" file produced.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    ===========

    Nicolás Castagnet, Jan 13, 2005

  3. They don't need to be dynamic. IE does not necessarily know whether or not
    they are dynamically generated. As far as IE know it is only fetching HTML
    content. You could, after all, even map the ASPX file to the file extension
    ..foo and have those streamed and all IE sees is HTML. IE knows nothing
    about where the content came from.

    > I had already seen it. But, why Internet Explorer need to waste time and
    > space saving the file there?. It shouldn't be cached because is dynamic.

    So,
    > the Internet Explorer must request it to the server each time it is

    needed,

    Peter Rilling, Jan 13, 2005
  4. That is a client setting, not an ASP.NET setting.

    However, you can -sort of- instruct IIS to
    make clients cache the files you send for a
    very short period of time.

    To do that, open the IIS Manager
    and scroll down to the desired website.

    Highlight it, and select "Properties".

    Then, select the "HTTP Headers" tab,
    and click on the "Enable Content Expiration" checkbox.

    Click on the "Expire Immediately" radio button,
    and then click OK.

    Most browsers will understand the HTTP header
    sent by IIS when you configure that setting.

    If the browser does not understand that sort of header,
    though, it will continue to cache the files you send, but
    most browsers will comply with the appended header.

    You can implement server-side caching, too,
    ( look up "Output Cache" ) but that won't
    affect client-side caching.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP

    Juan T. Llibre, Jan 13, 2005
  5. I had already seen it. But, why Internet Explorer need to waste time and

    Nicolás Castagnet, Jan 13, 2005