0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error on boot

Mamdouh Tawfik

I have an intel based computer with Windows XP SP3 and another Windows XP SP2
installed on a different partition, today I downloaded a software called
Virtual plastic surgery on my XP SP3 and it runs without the need to install
it I tried it and it was working when I tried to close it my computer
restarted and it keeps restarting since then(it never reaches the welcome
screen) I tried safe mode, safe mode with cmd, enable VGA mode and debugging
mode and the system kept restarting with all of them, I went to my other OS
which is XP SP2 it ran ok and I ran chkdsk /r on both operating systems
harddrives paritions and I tried running the other OS again but still it
restarts and when I tried to run the same software on my SP2 OS it crashed as
well so I am pretty sure the software is the cause, when I selected disable
restart on system failure the error message was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001C, 0x00000001, 0x804FB02C)
I know a fresh install would solve the problem but I was wondering if there
is a less costly approach
Since the other OS ran fine till I ran the software so I excluded that it
would be a hardware related issue!
There are no dump files found and the pagefiles.sys appears to be missing or
maybe not created I am not sure.
I have a parallel OS installed now so I can whatever checks needs, I also
ran chkdsk on all drives!
Thanks in advance