0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error on boot

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mamdouh Tawfik, Oct 1, 2009.

  1. I have an intel based computer with Windows XP SP3 and another Windows XP SP2
    installed on a different partition, today I downloaded a software called
    Virtual plastic surgery on my XP SP3 and it runs without the need to install
    it I tried it and it was working when I tried to close it my computer
    restarted and it keeps restarting since then(it never reaches the welcome
    screen) I tried safe mode, safe mode with cmd, enable VGA mode and debugging
    mode and the system kept restarting with all of them, I went to my other OS
    which is XP SP2 it ran ok and I ran chkdsk /r on both operating systems
    harddrives paritions and I tried running the other OS again but still it
    restarts and when I tried to run the same software on my SP2 OS it crashed as
    well so I am pretty sure the software is the cause, when I selected disable
    restart on system failure the error message was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    STOP: 0x000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001C, 0x00000001, 0x804FB02C)
    I know a fresh install would solve the problem but I was wondering if there
    is a less costly approach
    Since the other OS ran fine till I ran the software so I excluded that it
    would be a hardware related issue!
    There are no dump files found and the pagefiles.sys appears to be missing or
    maybe not created I am not sure.
    I have a parallel OS installed now so I can whatever checks needs, I also
    ran chkdsk on all drives!
    Thanks in advance
    Mamdouh Tawfik, Oct 1, 2009