1.1 com interface (I suspect) -clarified

comcast

Hi

Roy thanks for reading my post

Basically the gist is that it crashes with unhandled exception on everything
that
is not native .NET code meaning any COM interface

Bellow I repeat
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I have strange things happening

I have two w2000 server

I use Studio 2003
..NET 1.1

The console program accesses credit card com pfpro and cdo thru mail package
One one server (development) everything works
on another both interfaces to com cause UNHANDLED exceptions
If I comment them out everything works

Help any ideas welcome
Thanks

Damien

Please note - it's better to reply in the original thread rather than
creating a new one to respond to a message
Hi

Roy thanks for reading my post

Basically the gist is that it crashes with unhandled exception on everything
that
is not native .NET code meaning any COM interface

Bellow I repeat
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I have strange things happening

I have two w2000 server

I use Studio 2003
.NET 1.1

The console program accesses credit card com pfpro and cdo thru mail package
One one server (development) everything works
on another both interfaces to com cause UNHANDLED exceptions
If I comment them out everything works

Help any ideas welcome
Thanks

Is it the exact same version of the COM libraries installed on both
servers. Check the DLL version numbers of the DLLs which implement
them. If the DLLs are different versions, the interfaces may be subtly
different (I had a similar problem where I'd developed against the 6.3
libraries and the release machine had the 6.35 libraries).

If you're copying the COM libraries, are they being properly registered
on the second machine, and is everything they depend upon also present
on the second machine (Assuming your code runs and stays running for
some amount of time, you can use a tool such as process explorer to
discover exactly which DLLs are being loaded - then check that they all
exist on the second machine).

If neither of the above helps you, do you have any additional
information about *which* exception(s) are being thrown. Could you add
a Try/Catch block into your Main function to Catch these exceptions and
call ToString() on them to discover more information?

Damien

comcast

Damien

Thanks
First those are the same dlls
I used the same credit card package to install it
and .NET mail package uses CDO and both servers are w2k adv servers
and finally that is the problem that MAIN exception catch does NOT catch
it!!!!!

I tried all permutations:

removed CC processing and it crashed while sending email
I commented out email and it crashed on CC call

I ran out of ideas!!!!!!!!!!