1.1 vs 2.0 Textbox Control Text on Postback

John Walker

Hi,
In asp.net 1.1 I use this bit of code to get the text from a textbox in a
datagrid on postback:

txtComments = CType(dgi.FindControl("txtComments"),
System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox)

We recently upgraded our application to the 2.0 .net framework and this code
no longer seems to work. It is a read-only textbox... the text is
added/changed with javascipt. When we set readonly property on the textbox
to False we are then able to successfully view the added/changed text on
postback. Did something change in 2.0 so that readonly text does not
postback? is there a way to get around it?

Thanks,
John

Mark Rae [MVP]

John Walker

Awesome. Don't know why that works any different, but if it works then great.
Thanks!