1, 2, 3, 5, 7... PRIME Numbers

Discussion in 'C++' started by newstips6706@yahoo.com, Jan 18, 2007.

  1. Guest

    1, 2, 3, 5, 7... PRIME Numbers

    [ Mathematics / Physics / Engineering ]

    ________________________________

    Definitions

    What is a PRIME Number ?

    A PRIME number is a number whose only positive divisors are one and
    itself.

    What is a MAGIC SQUARE?

    A magic square is an arrangement of numbers in a square, such that the
    numbers in all rows, all columns, and both diagonals sum to the same
    number.
    ________________________________

    MAGIC SQUARES & PRIME Numbers

    The secret of PRIME Numbers are embedded within the puzzle known as
    "MAGIC SQUARES".

    PRIME Numbers and Magic Squares go hand in hand.

    PRIME Numbers & The Number '1'

    PRIME Numbers are the progress of TIME or The Number '1' in the
    universe.

    Another definition of "Science" is the comprehension of PRIME Numbers.

    The Number '1' is like "a seed" and PRIME Numbers is the "tree" that
    grows or progresses from that seed. The seed and the tree are one and
    the same.

    ________________________________

    The Comphrehension of the Number '1' IS the study of PRIME Numbers, for
    the Number '1' is the only number in the universe that is truly
    "indivisible".

    Since PRIME Numbers take on the nature of the Number '1', and the
    Number '1' is the seed of all PRIME Numbers, therefore the Number '1'
    is PRIME Number.
    ________________________________

    To "divide" a PRIME by "itself" OR by the Number '1', results in a
    "canceling of itself out" OR the PRIME Number "dissolves into its
    original state" of "NOTHING" OR .

    EXAMPLES:

    1 / 1 = PI

    2 / 1 = PI

    2 / 2 = PI

    3 / 1 = PI

    3 / 3 = PI

    etc.

    ________________________________

    PRIME Numbers & TIME

    To count 'TIME' is to count the number of 'coincidences' OR same - time
    - occurrences of The Number '1'.

    "To count TIME" IS NOT EQUAL TO "measuring TIME" in "seconds",
    "minutes", "hours", "days", etc.

    To measure TIME in "seconds", "minutes", etc. is impossible.

    THEREFORE

    "To count TIME" IS to count in (the) PRIME Numbers:

    1,2,3,5,7,11,13...
    , Jan 18, 2007

  2. Alan Johnson Guest

    wrote:
    > 1, 2, 3, 5, 7... PRIME Numbers

    Did you have some point to make about C++?

    Or are you perhaps a troll trying to get people to argue over whether 1
    is a prime number?
    Alan Johnson, Jan 18, 2007

  3. Kai-Uwe Bux Guest

    [OT] Re: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7... PRIME Numbers

    wrote:

    > 1, 2, 3, 5, 7... PRIME Numbers
    >
    > [ Mathematics / Physics / Engineering ]
    >
    > ________________________________
    >
    > Definitions
    >
    > What is a PRIME Number ?
    >
    > A PRIME number is a number whose only positive divisors are one and
    > itself.

    Not quite: Classically, a prime number is defined as a positive integer
    (1,2,3,4,5,...) that has exactly two divisors among the positive integers.
    Consequently, 1 is not a prime number since it has only one divisor.

    > What is a MAGIC SQUARE?
    >
    > A magic square is an arrangement of numbers in a square, such that the
    > numbers in all rows, all columns, and both diagonals sum to the same
    > number.

    That is correct.

    > ________________________________
    >
    > MAGIC SQUARES & PRIME Numbers
    >
    > The secret of PRIME Numbers are embedded within the puzzle known as
    > "MAGIC SQUARES".

    The statement presupposes the existence and _uniqueness_ of a secret of
    prime numbers. At least, the uniqueness presupposition is quite doubtfull.

    > PRIME Numbers and Magic Squares go hand in hand.
    >
    > PRIME Numbers & The Number '1'
    >
    > PRIME Numbers are the progress of TIME or The Number '1' in the
    > universe.

    That appears to be either false or meaningless. At least I would want to see
    a proof of this statement.

    > Another definition of "Science" is the comprehension of PRIME Numbers.

    But that definition would not capture the meaning of the word "science".

    > The Number '1' is like "a seed" and PRIME Numbers is the "tree" that
    > grows or progresses from that seed. The seed and the tree are one and
    > the same.

    No, they are not: neither literally nor metaphorically. E.g., trees are
    usually much larger than seeds.

    > ________________________________
    >
    > The Comphrehension of the Number '1' IS the study of PRIME Numbers, for
    > the Number '1' is the only number in the universe that is truly
    > "indivisible".

    And, as pointed out above, 1 is not even prime.

    > Since PRIME Numbers take on the nature of the Number '1', and the
    > Number '1' is the seed of all PRIME Numbers, therefore the Number '1'
    > is PRIME Number.

    No, it is not. The reason that prime numbers are defined so that 1 is not
    one of them is linguistic convenience: it makes the theorem that every
    positive integer has a unique prime factor decomposition easier to state
    precisely.

    > ________________________________
    >
    > To "divide" a PRIME by "itself" OR by the Number '1', results in a
    > "canceling of itself out" OR the PRIME Number "dissolves into its
    > original state" of "NOTHING" OR .
    >
    > EXAMPLES:
    >
    > 1 / 1 = PI
    >
    > 2 / 1 = PI
    >
    > 2 / 2 = PI
    >
    > 3 / 1 = PI
    >
    > 3 / 3 = PI
    >
    > etc.

    Random computations that are not even carried out correctly prove nothing.

    > ________________________________
    >
    > PRIME Numbers & TIME
    >
    > To count 'TIME' is to count the number of 'coincidences' OR same - time
    > - occurrences of The Number '1'.
    >
    > "To count TIME" IS NOT EQUAL TO "measuring TIME" in "seconds",
    > "minutes", "hours", "days", etc.
    >
    > To measure TIME in "seconds", "minutes", etc. is impossible.

    Doubtful.

    > THEREFORE
    > "To count TIME" IS to count in (the) PRIME Numbers:
    >
    > 1,2,3,5,7,11,13...

    Non-sequitur.

    BTW: all of this is quite off-topic in this group. Do you have a C++
    problem?

    Best

    Kai-Uwe Bux
    Kai-Uwe Bux, Jan 18, 2007
  4. David W Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > 1, 2, 3, 5, 7... PRIME Numbers

    Got a C++ question?

    DW

    P.S. 1 is not a prime number.
    David W, Jan 18, 2007
  5. Philipp Guest

    Alan Johnson wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> 1, 2, 3, 5, 7... PRIME Numbers
    >>

    > Did you have some point to make about C++?
    >
    > Or are you perhaps a troll trying to get people to argue over whether 1
    > is a prime number?

    Why is it that you answer posts which I can't see? Have they been erased
    from some server?
    Philipp, Jan 18, 2007
  6. Kai-Uwe Bux Guest

    Philipp wrote:

    > Alan Johnson wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> 1, 2, 3, 5, 7... PRIME Numbers
    >>>

    >> Did you have some point to make about C++?
    >>
    >> Or are you perhaps a troll trying to get people to argue over whether 1
    >> is a prime number?

    > Why is it that you answer posts which I can't see? Have they been erased
    > from some server?

    Maybe, but it seems more likely that the answer propagated to your server
    faster than the original post.

    Best

    Kai-Uwe Bux
    Kai-Uwe Bux, Jan 18, 2007
  7. * Philipp:
    > Alan Johnson wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> 1, 2, 3, 5, 7... PRIME Numbers
    >>>

    >> Did you have some point to make about C++?
    >>
    >> Or are you perhaps a troll trying to get people to argue over whether
    >> 1 is a prime number?

    > Why is it that you answer posts which I can't see? Have they been erased
    > from some server?

    Many news-servers perform automated spam removal.

    Only in the event that someone replies to an automatically removed spam
    posting, appearing on some news-server that doesn't filter, will you
    notice it ever was there.

    Therefore, for those reading this OT follow-up: the fewer that reply to
    spam messages, the less OT traffic in the news groups.

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
    Alf P. Steinbach, Jan 18, 2007
  8. Ian Collins Guest

    Kai-Uwe Bux wrote:
    >>Why is it that you answer posts which I can't see? Have they been erased
    >>from some server?

    > Maybe, but it seems more likely that the answer propagated to your server
    > faster than the original post.

    No, decent servers filter this kind of crap, that's why it's a mistake
    to reply to it.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Jan 18, 2007