1/2 Convolutional Encoder

mits130

Does anyone know how to implement a 1/2 (1 binary bit in, 2 out,
message length of 7) convolutional encoder in HDL? I am trying to
perform encoding on CNAV data, and am unsure of where the taps and
initial state value for the shift register is. Thanks.

Niv

Does anyone know how to implement a 1/2 (1 binary bit in, 2 out,
message length of 7) convolutional encoder in HDL? I am trying to
perform encoding on CNAV data, and am unsure of where the taps and
initial state value for the shift register is. Thanks.

I believe Xilinx offer one in their Coregen library, as well as a
Viterbi decoder.
But you obviously need to be using a Xilinx part.

KP.