1.8,frozen, and untaint

Ara.T.Howard

i'm getting error about calling untaint on a frozen object in 1.8 (kakiwiki).
i've removed the call to untaint and things seem to work - but would this be
the preferred method?

-a

====================================
| Ara Howard
| NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory
| Information and Technology Services
| Data Systems Group
| R/FST 325 Broadway
| Boulder, CO 80305-3328
| Email: (e-mail address removed)
| Phone: 303-497-7238
| Fax: 303-497-7259
| The difference between art and science is that science is what we understand
| well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else.
| -- Donald Knuth, "Discover"
| ~ > /bin/sh -c 'for lang in ruby perl; do $lang -e "print \"\x3a\x2d\x29\x0a\""; done'

ts

A> i'm getting error about calling untaint on a frozen object in 1.8
A> (kakiwiki).

Well, with 1.6.8 also you can't untaint a frozen object which is tainted

A> i've removed the call to untaint and things seem to work -
A> but would this be the preferred method?

preferred to do what ? If the object is tainted and frozen, ruby will give
an error if you try to untaint it.

Guy Decoux