    Am I correct to think that we should break everything up? I would
    appreciate some advice from either side of the discussion.

    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?UENL?=, May 27, 2005

  2. You definitely should break it up. ASP.Net is object-oriented, lending
    itself well to separation of presentation, business, and data layers, and
    possibly other divisions within the business tier. Whether you can convince
    your manager of this or not, well... that depends on the Dilbert factor.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Sometimes you eat the elephant.
    Sometimes the elephant eats you.

    Kevin Spencer, May 27, 2005

  3. Well I would need to know more about the application, but one of the core
    philosphies of computer science and application development is modularity and
    reusability. Always break your code into smaller reusable chunks and call
    those from main applications. Building a large monolithic app will lead to
    headaches during design, scalabilty issues later, and will cause more support
    issues and lost production time. Convincing your manage, of course, is a
    matter for the Gods.
    --
    There is always a way

    =?Utf-8?B?RGV2R3V5?=, May 27, 2005