13h mode ?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Comp Asdfg, Sep 22, 2007.

  1. Comp Asdfg

    Comp Asdfg Guest

    Comp Asdfg, Sep 22, 2007

  2. Comp Asdfg a écrit :
    > Hi i have a question is it possible to run 13h mode using ruby+asm ?

    why not ruby sdl ?

    Stéphane Wirtel, Sep 22, 2007

  3. Comp Asdfg

    Comp Asdfg Guest

    Stéphane Wirtel wrote:
    > Comp Asdfg a écrit :
    >> Hi i have a question is it possible to run 13h mode using ruby+asm ?

    > why not ruby sdl ?

    jep if i would do a game i`ll choose SDL or something else but it`s only
    a theoretical question, is it possible to run 13h mode using ruby and if
    it is for example how would you draw a pixel becouse i have no idea how
    to do it :( ?
    thx

    Comp Asdfg, Sep 22, 2007
  4. Comp Asdfg wrote:
    > Stéphane Wirtel wrote:
    >> Comp Asdfg a écrit :
    >>> Hi i have a question is it possible to run 13h mode using ruby+asm ?

    >> why not ruby sdl ?

    > jep if i would do a game i`ll choose SDL or something else but it`s only
    > a theoretical question, is it possible to run 13h mode using ruby and if
    > it is for example how would you draw a pixel becouse i have no idea how
    > to do it :( ?
    > thx

    well ruby doesn't allow direct system calls or interupts so you'll have
    to write c extension, theoretically it's possible.

    try reading some assembler faq, then c faq for how to inline assembler
    in c (there's no standard, every compiler have it's own macro) then read
    how to include c in ruby (i suggest rubyinline)

    Marcin Raczkowski, Sep 22, 2007
  5. Comp Asdfg a écrit :
    > Stéphane Wirtel wrote:
    >> Comp Asdfg a écrit :
    >>> Hi i have a question is it possible to run 13h mode using ruby+asm ?

    >> why not ruby sdl ?

    > jep if i would do a game i`ll choose SDL or something else but it`s only
    > a theoretical question, is it possible to run 13h mode using ruby and if
    > it is for example how would you draw a pixel becouse i have no idea how
    > to do it :( ?
    > thx

    You can develop your own library to draw a pixel with C, and after
    create a binding "your lib C" <=> Ruby with the Ruby's API .

    Stéphane Wirtel, Sep 23, 2007
  6. Comp Asdfg

    Paul Brannan Guest

    On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 11:59:21PM +0900, Comp Asdfg wrote:
    > Hi i have a question is it possible to run 13h mode using ruby+asm ?

    If you really want to do this (and I suspect that you don't), you could
    write a C extension for allegro:

    http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/

    To get a real mode 13h, you'll have to run Ruby built with djgpp.

    Paul

    Paul Brannan, Sep 24, 2007