15 seconds survey (literally) 1 radio button click. thx for your time

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Kentor, Feb 12, 2007.

  1. Kentor

    Kentor Guest

    Kentor, Feb 12, 2007

  2. Kentor

    Bergamot Guest

    Re: 15 seconds survey (literally) 1 radio button click. thx for yourtime

    Kentor wrote:
    > Hello, could you guys please take a look at 4 logos and choose the one
    > you prefer the most?
    > http://www.rent-index.com/survey/vote.php

    You're asking the wrong people. Try alt.design.graphics

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Feb 12, 2007

  3. Re: 15 seconds survey (literally) 1 radio button click. thx foryour time

    Kentor wrote:

    > Hello, could you guys please take a look at 4 logos and choose the one
    > you prefer the most? thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. Link is
    > at: http://www.rent-index.com/survey/vote.php

    Top one looks like the roof has blown off in a storm.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Geek of ~ HTML/SQL/Perl/PHP/Python*/Apache/Linux

    * = I'm getting there!

    Toby A Inkster, Feb 12, 2007
  4. Kentor

    Steve Guest

    "Bergamot" <> wrote in message
    | Kentor wrote:
    | > Hello, could you guys please take a look at 4 logos and choose the one
    | > you prefer the most?
    | > http://www.rent-index.com/survey/vote.php
    |
    | You're asking the wrong people. Try alt.design.graphics

    lol.

    so one must first be a member of alt.design.graphics in order to appreciate
    asthetics. therefore, anyone lacking such senses yet wants to understand
    what makes up 'purdy', should add that ng to their new reader immediately!

    as for kentor, he's the biggest waste of ng space as i've ever seen. he
    should download the fucking manual already or hire someone. at least he's
    realized this; although in leu of payment, he's only begging for free help
    right now...oh, and, he'll give you a nod on 'his' website that *you* design
    and program for him.

    lol again, though, at your suggestion bergamot. ;^)

    Steve, Feb 12, 2007
  5. Kentor

    Steve wrote:
    > "Bergamot" <> wrote in message
    > | Kentor wrote:
    > | > Hello, could you guys please take a look at 4 logos and choose the one
    > | > you prefer the most?
    > | > http://www.rent-index.com/survey/vote.php
    > |
    > | You're asking the wrong people. Try alt.design.graphics
    >
    > so one must first be a member of alt.design.graphics in order to appreciate
    > asthetics.

    It's got nothing to do with aesthetics.

    The regulars in alt.design.graphics will give a different perspective on
    the query, such as the appropriateness of the particular graphic design
    for the intended purpose, or how it suits the particular business.

    > therefore, anyone lacking such senses yet wants to understand
    > what makes up 'purdy', should add that ng to their new reader immediately!

    Um, asking a bunch of geeks which picture they like better is pretty
    worthless. Ask some designers who do these things for a living and
    you'll get more useful input.

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Feb 13, 2007
  6. Kentor

    Geoff Berrow Guest

    Re: 15 seconds survey (literally) 1 radio button click. thx for your time

    the following:

    >Um, asking a bunch of geeks which picture they like better is pretty
    >worthless. Ask some designers who do these things for a living and
    >you'll get more useful input.

    Not if he just wants gut reaction and not analysis. But the best people
    to ask would be the target audience
    --
    Geoff Berrow 0110001001101100010000000110

    Geoff Berrow, Feb 13, 2007
  7. Kentor

    Geoff Berrow wrote:

    > But the best people to ask would be the target audience

    That probably still leaves the people frequenting these newsgroups out,
    I think.

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Feb 13, 2007
  8. Kentor

    Steve Guest

    "Bergamot" <> wrote in message
    | Geoff Berrow wrote:
    | >
    | > But the best people to ask would be the target audience
    |
    | That probably still leaves the people frequenting these newsgroups out,
    | I think.

    well hell, there goes my degree in graphic design!!! ****, i'd not have
    bothered with it if i knew i'd end up a software developer!

    Steve, Feb 13, 2007
  9. Kentor

    Steve Guest

    | > | You're asking the wrong people. Try alt.design.graphics
    | >
    | > so one must first be a member of alt.design.graphics in order to
    appreciate
    | > asthetics.
    |
    | It's got nothing to do with aesthetics.
    |
    | The regulars in alt.design.graphics will give a different perspective on
    | the query, such as the appropriateness of the particular graphic design
    | for the intended purpose, or how it suits the particular business.

    now THAT is funny. you like building strawmen?

    | > therefore, anyone lacking such senses yet wants to understand
    | > what makes up 'purdy', should add that ng to their new reader
    immediately!

    | Um, asking a bunch of geeks which picture they like better is pretty
    | worthless. Ask some designers who do these things for a living and
    | you'll get more useful input.

    i'm not a geek...unless everyone is a geek. i suppose, by your logic,
    graphic artists cannot be geeks.

    attention all non-graphical people...wait, we are *all* graphical and are
    very visually particular. it is more *marketing* than profession that drives
    decisions like this. *sales* persons will have a better grasp of what is
    going to have the best impact on the audience...NOT the graphic artist -
    *sales* tells the artist what they'd like to see. i've not only created
    graphics for sites, but i've called the shots as to what professional
    graphics went into a site. that was how broad my umbrella has been as
    project manager on several projects in the past.

    finally, graphic artists are to 'appropriateness of the particular graphic
    design for the intended purpose' as the software developer is to telling a
    company what their business requirements are. neither drive business
    decisions; they only facilitate. both the developer and the graphic artist,
    in the end, are simply code-monkeys.

    Steve, Feb 13, 2007
  10. Kentor

    Steve Guest

    | Steve wrote:
    | > "Bergamot" <> wrote in message

    | > | That probably still leaves the people frequenting these newsgroups
    out,
    | > | I think.
    | >
    | > well hell, there goes my degree in graphic design!!! ****, i'd not have
    | > bothered with it if i knew i'd end up a software developer!
    | >

    | Guess that blows my fine arts degree too!

    ;^)

    Steve, Feb 13, 2007
  11. Re: 15 seconds survey (literally) 1 radio button click. thx for yourtime

    Steve wrote:
    > "Bergamot" <> wrote in message
    > | Geoff Berrow wrote:
    > | >
    > | > But the best people to ask would be the target audience
    > |
    > | That probably still leaves the people frequenting these newsgroups out,
    > | I think.
    >
    > well hell, there goes my degree in graphic design!!! ****, i'd not have
    > bothered with it if i knew i'd end up a software developer!

    Guess that blows my fine arts degree too!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 13, 2007
  12. Kentor

    Kentor Guest

    damn, if you don't feel like voting, then wtf do you comment, just
    skip this post and go to the next one... A designer may say what looks
    good or bad but if the rest of the people don't like it... then his
    opinion is not very good... anyways thanks to those who voted and
    didn't complain about a post that takes 5 seconds to read and another
    10 to vote...

    Kentor, Feb 13, 2007
  13. Re: 15 seconds survey (literally) 1 radio button click. thx for yourtime

    Kentor wrote:
    > damn, if you don't feel like voting, then wtf do you comment, just
    > skip this post and go to the next one... A designer may say what looks
    > good or bad but if the rest of the people don't like it... then his
    > opinion is not very good... anyways thanks to those who voted and
    > didn't complain about a post that takes 5 seconds to read and another
    > 10 to vote...

    Yea, and if everyone posted off-topic comments like yours this newsgroup
    would become completely worthless.

    This is a *PHP* newsgroup - not your free personal advisers. The same
    with the html and javascript newsgroups you cross-posted to.

    Stop wasting everyone's time and bandwidth.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address

    ==================

    Jerry Stuckle, Feb 13, 2007
  14. Kentor

    Geoff Berrow Guest

    Re: 15 seconds survey (literally) 1 radio button click. thx for your time

    Little contained the following:

    >> | That probably still leaves the people frequenting these newsgroups out,
    >> | I think.
    >>
    >> well hell, there goes my degree in graphic design!!! ****, i'd not have
    >> bothered with it if i knew i'd end up a software developer!
    >>

    >Guess that blows my fine arts degree too!

    And my degree in multidisciplinary design?

    --
    Geoff Berrow 0110001001101100010000000110

    Geoff Berrow, Feb 13, 2007
  15. On Feb 12, 11:29 pm, "Kentor" <> wrote:
    > damn, if you don't feel like voting, then wtf do you comment, just
    > skip this post and go to the next one... A designer may say what looks
    > good or bad but if the rest of the people don't like it... then his
    > opinion is not very good... anyways thanks to those who voted and
    > didn't complain about a post that takes 5 seconds to read and another
    > 10 to vote...

    Welcome to alt.html....

    Travis Newbury, Feb 13, 2007
  16. Kentor

    Steve Guest

    "Geoff Berrow" <> wrote in message
    | Little contained the following:

    | >> well hell, there goes my degree in graphic design!!! ****, i'd not have
    | >> bothered with it if i knew i'd end up a software developer!
    | >>

    | >Guess that blows my fine arts degree too!
    |
    | And my degree in multidisciplinary design?

    roflmfao. i guess that's a more direct statement than my smily face
    response. mine is a bit more specific than fine arts. as far as i know
    anyway, one attends a fine arts school...however, i've never known of a
    major of, nor conference of, 'fine arts'.

    as for all my blathering, it is more in protest to some jerk-off saying that
    developers (or any non-graphical artist) cannot discern what is
    aesthetically pleasing and aligned with the image of a business...even
    though the hoser...errr...poster *should* quit cross-posting in hopes of
    getting a response. the suggestion to ask alt.graphics.design, minus the
    inflamation, was valid.

    cheers.

    Steve, Feb 13, 2007
  17. Kentor

    Steve Guest

    "Kentor" <> wrote in message
    | damn, if you don't feel like voting, then wtf do you comment, just
    | skip this post and go to the next one... A designer may say what looks
    | good or bad but if the rest of the people don't like it... then his
    | opinion is not very good... anyways thanks to those who voted and
    | didn't complain about a post that takes 5 seconds to read and another
    | 10 to vote...

    you top-posting monkey!

    if you had any kind of reading comprehension, you'd know that the drift of
    what i'm balking about has NOTHING to do with you but EVERYTHING to do with
    the dumbass comment about geeks and other non-graphic artists being able to
    understand aesthetics and what business image alignment is.

    as for you...you post nearly one question per day in alt.php (and have done
    so for the past year at least) that is COMPLETELY covered in TFM. i think
    we're a little frustrated with you - i, for one, am. and though highly
    lacking in professionalism, your begging for someone to program your site
    for you is perhaps the best indication that you are giving up the ghost of
    programming...yeah! you should however, offer to COMPENSATE said person(s)
    for their time and generousity.

    as for the 'wtf do you comment'...well, i've had enough of your
    bullshit...sometimes, i'll vent on the source. you can circumvent that
    occasion by not being an idiot. then, we'll all be happy.

    ok, dumpl'n?

    Steve, Feb 13, 2007
  18. Kentor

    Steve Guest

    "Kentor" <> wrote in message
    | Hello, could you guys please take a look at 4 logos and choose the one
    | you prefer the most? :) thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. Link is
    | at:
    | http://www.rent-index.com/survey/vote.php

    i like NONE of them.

    as for your programming, it is not the best idea to have seperate html pages
    for each of your locations like montana or nova scotia. however, that's not
    fatal. what is PISS POOR programming is going to the sign up page and seeing
    'enter user name' in red when all i did was navigate to another tab...i
    NEVER submitted anything for you to validate!!! ever hear of a form's
    onsubmit event?

    jesus christ! get some help.

    Steve, Feb 13, 2007
  19. Re: 15 seconds survey (literally) 1 radio button click. thx for yourtime

    Steve wrote:
    > "Geoff Berrow" <> wrote in message
    > | Little contained the following:

    > out,

    > | >Guess that blows my fine arts degree too!
    > |
    > | And my degree in multidisciplinary design?
    >
    > roflmfao. i guess that's a more direct statement than my smily face
    > response. mine is a bit more specific than fine arts. as far as i know
    > anyway, one attends a fine arts school...however, i've never known of a
    > major of, nor conference of, 'fine arts'.

    What, am I understanding you correctly that there is no degree in Fine
    Arts? I hope there is for the money I spent! ;-) It is a BFA, of course
    we always a fun with substitution of the words in the initialism! One
    can get a BFA in painting, drawing, printmaking... or in the
    multidisciplinary area "General Fine Arts"...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 13, 2007
  20. Kentor

    Steve wrote:

    > i suppose, by your logic,
    > graphic artists cannot be geeks.

    OK, poor choice of words on my part, but I'm not apologizing. And it
    doesn't change the fact that the OP posted off-topic for php and JS
    newsgroups. alt.design.graphics is still a more appropriate newsgroup
    for his type of query.

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Feb 13, 2007