    in development and business for the company itself, besides being a
    service to the general public.

    Danilo J Bonsignore

    Fabrizio J Bonsignore, Jul 26, 2012

  2. Fabrizio J Bonsignore

    KBH Guest

    You might be interested in DOS:

    http://www.drdos.net/

    But the drdos.com website now offers a $20 license and download of a
    bootable DOS instead of just the license. So the ftp's of drdos.net
    are not needed.

    I would recommend running Turbo Pascal 7 on it. But I can no longer
    find the French edu website that allowed TP7 downloads to the US
    Virgin Islands.

    KBH, Jul 27, 2012

  3. Fabrizio J Bonsignore

    KBH Guest

    On Jul 26, 7:04 pm, KBH <> wrote:
    > You might be interested in DOS:
    >
    > http://www.drdos.net/
    >
    > But the drdos.com website now offers a $20 license and download of a
    > bootable DOS instead of just the license. So the ftp's of drdos.net
    > are not needed.
    >
    > I would recommend running Turbo Pascal 7 on it. But I can no longer
    > find the French edu website that allowed TP7 downloads to the US
    > Virgin Islands.

    Oh, PowerBasic still sells a programming language that runs on DOS.

    KBH, Jul 27, 2012
  4. Fabrizio J Bonsignore

    Wally W. Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 12:46:52 -0700 (PDT), Fabrizio J Bonsignore wrote:

    >Windows 3.1 was **officially** superseded by Windows 95 in 1995. Now
    >it is 17 years. Seventeen years is a typical period of protection for
    >products which may extended some ways, but now that Win 3.1 turned
    >into a plethora of more superadvanced OSs, for historical, cultural,
    >technical reasons Microsoft ought to follow the popular open source
    >model and publish full, complete, compilable source, data files,
    >driver files, etc for the popular old OS and its utilities, along with
    >the necessary compilers, linkers and other tools to make it work. This
    >would not only preserve the venerable OS but would also trigger a boom
    >in development and business for the company itself, besides being a
    >service to the general public.
    >
    >Danilo J Bonsignore

    That is not at the top of my list of things Microsoft ought to do.

    Wally W., Jul 27, 2012
  5. On Jul 26, 4:08 pm, "China Blue [Tor], Meersburg"
    <> wrote:
    > Copyrights can last for decades (or forever if you have Disney's lawyers)and do
    > not require any disclosure of the work.

    Oh, Disney lawyers are all homeless and look and act like cartoons? :|

    Danilo J Bonsignore

    Fabrizio J Bonsignore, Jul 27, 2012
  6. Fabrizio J Bonsignore <> writes:
    > Windows 3.1 was **officially** superseded by Windows 95 in 1995.

    [snip]

    Just a reminder: this is not topical in any of the newsgroups to which
    it was cross-posted.

    (If you want to follow up to this, you'll need to manually adjust the
    newsgroups header.)

    Will write code for food.

    Keith Thompson, Jul 28, 2012