    i tried 10x10 and it shows up around 100x20 pixels !!!

    please help

    Mel

    Mel, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Mel

    gsb Guest

    No. Browser have a minimum allowable size for security reasons.

    gsb

    gsb, Jan 9, 2004

  3. "Mel" <> writes:

    > is it possible to have a popup window that is either invisible or 1x1 in
    > total size ?

    Depends on browser. Most browsers won't allow windows less than 100
    pixels in any direction without special permission.

    /L
    --
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen -

    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Mel

    Fabian Guest

    Mel hu kiteb:

    > is it possible to have a popup window that is either invisible or 1x1
    > in total size ?
    >
    > i tried 10x10 and it shows up around 100x20 pixels !!!

    Gioven that the primary purpose of a window is to display information,
    I'm sure you have a legitimate reason for creating a window that is
    inherently incapable of such?

    Fabian
    Visit my website often and for long periods!
    http://www.lajzar.co.uk

    Fabian, Jan 9, 2004
  5. Mel wrote:

    > is it possible to have a popup window that is either invisible or 1x1 in
    > total size ?
    >
    > i tried 10x10 and it shows up around 100x20 pixels !!!
    >
    > please help
    >
    > Mel

    Well, it sounds like you are trying do do something sneaky. If,
    however, you simply need a background JS script to run, you can do a 1x1
    IFRAME, within the same window, but when the window goes away, so does
    the IFRAME.

    Brian

    Brian Genisio, Jan 9, 2004
  6. Le Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:25:00 -0500, Mel a écrit :

    > is it possible to have a popup window that is either invisible or 1x1 in
    > total size ?
    >
    > i tried 10x10 and it shows up around 100x20 pixels !!!
    >
    > please help
    >
    > Mel

    You can also open a popup on fullscreen then apply a resizeto to your
    suited size of 1x1, and then you'll get (at least on internet explorer) a
    window without any decoration (menus, icons, nor whatever) but this is for
    junky popup spammers and I think I.E. doesn't allow that anymore ! :)

    just give it a try

    Patricio Stegmann, Feb 4, 2004