    Can I change them? How?
    Thank you very much for your answer(s)
    /RAM/

    R.A.M., Jun 6, 2006

  2. Re: ASP.NET Configuration

    You can change those values in your application's web.config :

    <system.web>
    <membership>
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"
    ....snip...
    minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="2"
    minRequiredPasswordLength="12"
    />
    </providers>
    </membership>
    </system.web>

    Notice : I snipped off some properties in the "<add name... >" section,
    so that the settings you are asking about would be clearly read.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 6, 2006

  3. R.A.M.

    PeterKellner Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 08:03:43 +0200, R.A.M. <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I used ASP.NET Configuration to create a user, but I don't like the
    >rules for password - "Password length minimum: 7. Non-alphanumeric
    >characters required: 1."
    >Can I change them? How?
    >Thank you very much for your answer(s)
    >/RAM/

    You need to modify your web.config. Here is an example that I use.
    (note the minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters setting)

    <roleManager enabled="true"/>
    <membership>
    <providers>
    <remove
    name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"/>
    <add
    name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider,System.Web,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
    enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
    applicationName="/xxxr" requiresUniqueEmail="false"
    minRequiredPasswordLength="1" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
    passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"
    passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""/>
    </providers>
    </membership>
    </system.web>
    Peter Kellner