2.0 change app_code folder location

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by kpg, Sep 11, 2008.

  1. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Hi all,

    I want to 'clone' my locally hosted suite of web services to a public
    server for redundancy/fallover purposes, but have run into limitations
    of their support for setting application roots.

    Currently I have some web services in a folder at the site root, some in
    sub-folders and others 2 levels deep in sub-folders - for organizational
    reasons - so I have multiple application roots at various depths.

    I could hunt for an ISP that allows this, or I could change the
    structure of my apps.

    I like having the folder sturcture, but say I decided to have one
    application root located at the site root - I would still like to have
    seperate App_Code, App_Data and other special folders down with the apps
    they support.

    Can this be done via the web.config file?

    Or can their be only one App_code folder per application and it must be
    at the application root?

    kpg

    kpg, Sep 11, 2008

  2. kpg

    kpg Guest

    kpg <> wrote in news:Xns9B16610F782B5ipostthereforeiam@
    207.46.248.16:

    > Or can their be only one App_code folder per application and it must be
    > at the application root?

    This seems to be the case.

    kpg, Sep 11, 2008

  3. "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > kpg <> wrote in news:Xns9B16610F782B5ipostthereforeiam@
    > 207.46.248.16:
    >
    >> Or can their be only one App_code folder per application and it must be
    >> at the application root?

    > This seems to be the case.

    Perhaps you should consider using a Web Application Project, which does not
    have such limitations.

    John Saunders, Sep 12, 2008
  4. kpg

    kpg Guest

    "John Saunders" <> wrote in

    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> kpg <> wrote in news:Xns9B16610F782B5ipostthereforeiam@
    >> 207.46.248.16:
    >>
    >>> Or can their be only one App_code folder per application and it must
    >>> be at the application root?

    >> This seems to be the case.

    > Perhaps you should consider using a Web Application Project, which
    > does not have such limitations.

    I will look into that.

    kpg, Sep 12, 2008