    I find it hard to believe that WCF would not be able to be consumed by 2.0
    applications.

    Please help!

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?=, Apr 15, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?=

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    are you able to get the WSDL exposed by the service? If your service is on
    local IIS say service.svc try putting http://localhost/service.svc?wsdl

    If not, adding ?wsdl to the url should expose it, and you should be able to
    use that to reference the service from legacy side.

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

    Teemu Keiski, Apr 15, 2007

  3. I am able to add the web reference to the project; however when I try to
    implement it all that I have to choose from is the Cass object, Interface,
    eventargs, and eventhandler.
    Example:
    OracleService.BasicEmployee;
    OracleService.GetFullEmployeeByEmployeeIDCompletedEventArgs;
    OracleService.GetFullEmployeeByEmployeeIDCompletedEventHandler;
    OracleService.WSHttpBinding_IBasicEmployee
    (Service = web reference)

    In testing I have tried using Service.WSHttpBinding_IBasicEmployee , However
    I just get a time out message.
    Example:
    OracleService.WSHttpBinding_IBasicEmployee proxy = new
    WSETesting.OracleService.WSHttpBinding_IBasicEmployee();
    OracleService.BasicEmployee[] arrayemployee =
    proxy.GetEmployeeByEmployeeID("12356987");
    OracleService.BasicEmployee;
    OracleService.GetFullEmployeeByEmployeeIDCompletedEventArgs;
    OracleService.GetFullEmployeeByEmployeeIDCompletedEventHandler;
    OracleService.WSHttpBinding_IBasicEmployee
    foreach (OracleService.BasicEmployee emp in arrayemployee)
    {
    string me = emp.FirstName;
    }

    I have also tried to run the wsdl.exe I received the following error:
    Microsoft (R) Web Services Description Language Utility
    [Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 2.0.50727.42]

    Warning: This web reference does not conform to WS-I Basic Profile v1.1.

    SOAP 1.1 binding was not found: WS-I's Basic Profile 1.1 consists of
    implementation
    guidelines that recommend how a set of core Web services specifications
    should
    be used together to develop interoperable Web services. For the 1.1 Profile,
    those specifications are SOAP 1.1, WSDL 1.1, UDDI 2.0, XML 1.0 and XML Schema.

    For more details on the WS-I Basic Profile v1.1, see the specification
    at http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1.html.

    Warning: one or more optional WSDL extension elements were ignored.
    Warnings were encountered. Review generated source comments for more details.

    Listed below is the Service code:
    (Employee.cs)
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Text;
    using System.ServiceModel;
    using System.Runtime.Serialization;

    namespace OracleServices.OracleContracts
    {
    [DataContract()]
    public class BasicEmployee
    {

    private string _employeeID;
    private string _firstName;
    private string _lastName;
    private string _middleName;
    private string _suffix;
    private string _supervisorID;
    private string _email;
    private string _title;
    private string _ssn;
    private string _workPhone;
    private string _companyCode;
    private string _companyDesciption;
    private string _locationcode;
    private string _dateofbirth;
    private string _employmentDate;
    private string _employeeTerminationDate;
    private string _terminationAppliedDate;

    [DataMember(Order = 0)]
    public string EmployeeID
    {
    get { return _employeeID; }
    set { _employeeID = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 1)]
    public string FirstName
    {
    get { return _firstName; }
    set { _firstName = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 2)]
    public string LastName
    {
    get { return _lastName; }
    set { _lastName = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 3)]
    public string MiddleName
    {
    get { return _middleName; }
    set { _middleName = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 4)]
    public string Suffix
    {
    get { return _suffix; }
    set { _suffix = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 5)]
    public string SupervisorID
    {
    get { return _supervisorID; }
    set { _supervisorID = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 6)]
    public string Email
    {
    get { return _email; }
    set { _email = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 7)]
    public string Title
    {
    get { return _title; }
    set { _title = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 8)]
    public string SSN
    {
    get{return _ssn;}
    set { _ssn = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 9)]
    public string WorkPhone
    {
    get { return _workPhone; }
    set { _workPhone = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 10)]
    public string CompanyCode
    {
    get { return _companyCode; }
    set { _companyCode = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 11)]
    public string CompanyDescription
    {
    get { return _companyDesciption; }
    set { _companyDesciption = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 12)]
    public string LocationCode
    {
    get { return _locationcode; }
    set { _locationcode = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 13)]
    public string DateOfBirth
    {
    get { return _dateofbirth; }
    set { _dateofbirth = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 14)]
    public string EmploymentDate
    {
    get { return _employmentDate; }
    set { _employmentDate = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 15)]
    public string EmployeeTerminationDate
    {
    get { return _employeeTerminationDate; }
    set { _employeeTerminationDate = value; }
    }

    [DataMember(Order = 16)]
    public string TerminationAppliedDate
    {
    get { return _terminationAppliedDate; }
    set { _terminationAppliedDate = string.Empty; }
    }

    public BasicEmployee(string employeeID, string firstName, string
    lastName,
    string middleName, string suffix, string
    supervisorID,
    string email, string title, string ssn,
    string workNumber,
    string companyCode,string
    companyDescription,string locationCode,string dateofbirth,
    string employmentDate, string
    employeeTerminationDate, string terminationAppliedDate)
    {
    EmployeeID = employeeID;
    FirstName = firstName;
    LastName = lastName;
    MiddleName = _middleName;
    Suffix = suffix;
    SupervisorID = supervisorID;
    Email = email;
    Title = title;
    SSN = ssn;
    WorkPhone = workNumber;
    companyCode = companyCode;
    CompanyDescription = companyDescription;
    LocationCode = locationCode;
    DateOfBirth = dateofbirth;
    EmploymentDate = employmentDate;
    EmployeeTerminationDate = employeeTerminationDate;
    TerminationAppliedDate = terminationAppliedDate;

    (IBasicEmployee.svc)
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Text;
    using System.ServiceModel;

    namespace OracleServices.OracleContracts
    {
    [ServiceContract(Namespace = "http://EMSC.OracleServices")]

    public interface IBasicEmployee
    {
    [OperationContract()]

    List<BasicEmployee> GetEmployeeByEmployeeID(string employeeID);

    [OperationContract()]
    List<BasicEmployee> GetEmployeeByLastName(string lastName);

    [OperationContract()]
    List<BasicEmployee> GetEmployeeByLastName_FirstName(string lastName,
    string firstName);

    [OperationContract()]
    List<BasicEmployee> GetEmployeeBySSN(string ssn);

    [OperationContract()]
    List<BasicEmployee> GetDirectReportsBySupervisorID(string
    supervisorID);

    [OperationContract()]
    List<BasicEmployee> GetSupervisorByEmployeeID(string supervisorID);

    [OperationContract()]
    List<FullEmployee> GetFullEmployeeByEmployeeID(string employeeID);

    [OperationContract()]
    List<BasicEmployee> GetEmployeeByLastName_4SSN(string lastName,
    string ssn);

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?=, Apr 15, 2007
  4. Also, here are the bindings stated in the web config of the WCF service.
    <service name="OracleService" behaviorConfiguration="returnFaults">
    <endpoint contract="OracleServices.OracleContracts.IBasicEmployee"
    binding="wsHttpBinding"/>
    <endpoint
    contract="OracleServices.OracleContracts.IBasicEmployeeEmploymentStatus"
    binding="wsHttpBinding"/>
    <endpoint
    contract="OracleServices.OracleContracts.IBasicEmployeePersonalAddress"
    binding="wsHttpBinding"/>
    <endpoint
    contract="OracleServices.OracleContracts.IEmployeeLocations"
    binding="wsHttpBinding"/>
    <endpoint
    contract="OracleServices.OracleContracts.ILinkOracleMessage"
    binding="wsHttpBinding"/>
    </service>

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?=, Apr 15, 2007