(2.0) Membership not working on deployed site

Jeppe Jespersen

Hi folks,

Been working on an site for a little while now, complete with
login-functionality and all. (Yaaay!) However.... I created a site on our
webserver, and copied the whole site up there. The site runs fine, but any
attempt to login fails.

Only error info in the event log is:

Event code: 4006
Event message: Membership credential verification failed.

The databases are in the app_data folder (as on the dev. machine). Is there
something really grim that I'm missing?

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks,
J. Jespersen

Winista

Did you develop a custom mebership provider or used the one provided by
fraemwork? What kind of database is it?

Jeppe Jespersen

Did you develop a custom mebership provider or used the one provided by
fraemwork? What kind of database is it?

Sorry. SQL Server database, standard sql provider.

J. Jespersen

Joined
Jun 15, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Membership not working on deployed site

I have the same problem.

Have also posted on ASP.NET forums.

Have tried all the regular fixes.

Permissions on APP_DIR
Impersonation and application name in web.config.

Stick stuck. Works like a dream on my dev box thou'

I do have 2 application names in the asp_application table in aspnetdb. Not sure if that is the problem.

Absolutely stumped.

web.config file is here http://www.nine9.co.uk/article.htm

Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have the same problem. I can login but in subsequent calls ( to pages in subprojects) I receive the same message:
Event code: 4006
Event message: Membership credential verification failed.
Session values also seem to be nonexistent. I use SQL Server, no membershipprovider at all.

Ideas anyone?

TIA Uffe