2.0: Turn on all available health monitoring

Guest

I've got a 2.0 app that is crashing prior to the first page being displayed.
I'm getting a "FileNotFoundException" with the message that a module wasn't
found. No word on the module that is missing.
Using FileMon, I've seen that the worker process is attempting to find the
compiled version of the login page (blahblah.aspx.184848484848.compiled),
wasn't able to find it anywhere, then looked for and found the webpage
(/webpage/blahblah.aspx), then listed all the files in the bin directory
before writing to the event log and giving up the ghost.
I couldn't find any information on why this might be happening. I was
hoping I could use Health Monitoring to get more details about what's going
on behind the scenes, but most of the info out there is on how to extend
health monitoring, not use it to get detailed information on the current
state of asp.net.
My question is: Does the default health monitoring configuration hide
details that I might be able to use to troubleshoot this problem? And if so,
how do I configure my webpage to log this information to the event log?