2.0: using System.Web.Profile (newbie)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by R.A.M., May 24, 2007.

  1. R.A.M.

    R.A.M. Guest

    Hello,
    I want to use user profiles in my Web application. In Web.config I have
    added:
    <profile defaultProvider="SqlProfileProvider">

    <providers>

    <clear />

    <add name="SqlProfileProvider"

    type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider"

    connectionStringName="SqlServices"

    applicationName="MIMStock" />

    </providers>

    <properties>

    <add name="Name" type="String" />

    <add name="Database" type="String" />

    <add name="DefaultStockName" type="String" />

    <add name="DefaultGroupName" type="String" />

    <add name="UsersAdministration" type="Boolean" defaultValue="False" />

    <add name="Configuration" type="Boolean" defaultValue="False" />

    <add name="Remarks" type="String" />

    </properties>

    </profile>

    The problem is that although I added to my code-behind "using
    System.Web.Profile;" I cannot use Profile (it is not displayed by
    IntelliSense dropdownlist).
    Please help.
    Thank you!
    /RAM/

    R.A.M., May 24, 2007

  2. R.A.M.

    sloan Guest

    Re: using System.Web.Profile (newbie)

    check this article:
    Appendix 2: Migrating Code that works with the ASP.NET 2.0 Profile Object
    http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/migration2/migration2.aspx

    sloan, May 24, 2007