2.2 <-> 2.3 surprise

Discussion in 'Python' started by Roman Suzi, May 31, 2004.

  1. Roman Suzi

    Roman Suzi Guest

    Hi!

    I really like python 2.3 but sometimes I write for 2.2 too.

    New cool feature of doing:

    f = open('file')
    for line in f:
    do_something(line)

    works strange in 2.2: I can't just quit first loop and do:

    for line in f:
    do_some_more(line)

    (I as skipping message header by first loop and processing body
    the the second).

    In 2.3 it works as intended! Of course, simple refacture made it one loop...

    Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
    --
    =\= My AI powered by GNU/Linux RedHat 7.3

    Roman Suzi, May 31, 2004