2.3.2 Memory Leaks ?

Robert

Hi,
I am building with VS 6.0 under WinXP, and building with the default
python configuration & settings. I build a test python app with just
the following code:

/* testing for memory leaks */
long tmp_flag = _CrtSetDbgFlag( _CRTDBG_REPORT_FLAG );
tmp_flag |= _CRTDBG_LEAK_CHECK_DF;
_CrtSetDbgFlag( tmp_flag );

Py_Initialize();
Py_Finalize();

For some reason I am seeing a *bunch* of memory leaks. Does anyone
know what the problem could be?

Michael Hudson

Hi,
I am building with VS 6.0 under WinXP, and building with the default
python configuration & settings. I build a test python app with just
the following code:

/* testing for memory leaks */
long tmp_flag = _CrtSetDbgFlag( _CRTDBG_REPORT_FLAG );
tmp_flag |= _CRTDBG_LEAK_CHECK_DF;
_CrtSetDbgFlag( tmp_flag );

Py_Initialize();
Py_Finalize();

For some reason I am seeing a *bunch* of memory leaks. Does anyone
know what the problem could be?

There are various objects (interned strings being an example) that do
not get deallocated before shutdown, but calling them "leaks" seems a
bit of a stretch. Are they causing you problems?

Cheers,
mwh