    Py_Finalize();

    For some reason I am seeing a *bunch* of memory leaks. Does anyone
    know what the problem could be?
    Robert, Dec 9, 2003

  2. (Robert) writes:

    > Hi,
    > I am building with VS 6.0 under WinXP, and building with the default
    > python configuration & settings. I build a test python app with just
    > the following code:
    >

    > /* testing for memory leaks */
    > long tmp_flag = _CrtSetDbgFlag( _CRTDBG_REPORT_FLAG );
    > tmp_flag |= _CRTDBG_LEAK_CHECK_DF;
    > _CrtSetDbgFlag( tmp_flag );
    >
    > Py_Initialize();
    > Py_Finalize();
    >

    > For some reason I am seeing a *bunch* of memory leaks. Does anyone
    > know what the problem could be?

    There are various objects (interned strings being an example) that do
    not get deallocated before shutdown, but calling them "leaks" seems a
    bit of a stretch. Are they causing you problems?

    Cheers,
    mwh

    --
    SCSI is not magic. There are fundamental technical reasons why it
    is necessary to sacrifice a young goat to your SCSI chain now and
    Michael Hudson, Dec 11, 2003