    Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Regards,
    Larry Bates
    Larry Bates, Jul 13, 2005

  2. Larry Bates said unto the world upon 13/07/2005 15:54:
    > I recently upgraded from 2.2 to 2.4 (ActiveState for Windows).
    > I was accustomed to having the most recent 10 files that I had
    > edited show up under File menu under Recent. After upgrading
    > these don't seem to be saved after exiting. I tried changing
    > the number in the Preferences, but nothing seems to do any
    > good.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how I might fix
    > it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    > Regards,
    > Larry Bates

    Larry,

    You'd do better to specify just what program isn't maintaining the
    list. PythonWin? (That comes with the ActiveState Python for Windows,
    I believe.) IDLE?

    Either way, works for me with www.python.org Python 2.4.1 and the
    version of PythonWin from build 204 of pywin32 extensions.

    If no other answers are forthcoming, you might want to try any support
    or user's lists for the ActiveState Python distribution.

    Best,

    Brian vdB
    Brian van den Broek, Jul 14, 2005

  3. Larry Bates

    John Machin Guest

    Larry Bates wrote:
    > I recently upgraded from 2.2 to 2.4 (ActiveState for Windows).
    > I was accustomed to having the most recent 10 files that I had
    > edited show up under File menu under Recent.

    "File menu" of what? Let's guess that you mean Pythonwin.

    The problem is now fixed. It is possible that you need to get the latest
    pywin32 or get the latest ActiveState distribution ... go look.
    John Machin, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Larry Bates

    Roger Upole Guest

    There was a bug in MFC 7 that prevented Pythonwin from closing
    properly. Build 204 of Pywin32 has a workaround, but I'm not
    sure if it's been incorporated into ActiveState's distribution yet.

    Roger

    Roger Upole, Jul 14, 2005