2.4 Recent File list not working

Larry Bates

I recently upgraded from 2.2 to 2.4 (ActiveState for Windows).
I was accustomed to having the most recent 10 files that I had
edited show up under File menu under Recent. After upgrading
these don't seem to be saved after exiting. I tried changing
the number in the Preferences, but nothing seems to do any
good.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how I might fix
it?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Regards,
Larry Bates

Brian van den Broek

Larry Bates said unto the world upon 13/07/2005 15:54:
I recently upgraded from 2.2 to 2.4 (ActiveState for Windows).
I was accustomed to having the most recent 10 files that I had
edited show up under File menu under Recent. After upgrading
these don't seem to be saved after exiting. I tried changing
the number in the Preferences, but nothing seems to do any
good.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how I might fix
it?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Regards,
Larry Bates

Larry,

You'd do better to specify just what program isn't maintaining the
list. PythonWin? (That comes with the ActiveState Python for Windows,
I believe.) IDLE?

Either way, works for me with www.python.org Python 2.4.1 and the
version of PythonWin from build 204 of pywin32 extensions.

If no other answers are forthcoming, you might want to try any support
or user's lists for the ActiveState Python distribution.

Best,

Brian vdB

John Machin

Larry said:
I recently upgraded from 2.2 to 2.4 (ActiveState for Windows).
I was accustomed to having the most recent 10 files that I had
edited show up under File menu under Recent.

"File menu" of what? Let's guess that you mean Pythonwin.

The problem is now fixed. It is possible that you need to get the latest
pywin32 or get the latest ActiveState distribution ... go look.

Roger Upole

There was a bug in MFC 7 that prevented Pythonwin from closing
properly. Build 204 of Pywin32 has a workaround, but I'm not
sure if it's been incorporated into ActiveState's distribution yet.

Roger