2.6.29 broke the bridge!

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Frank, Apr 2, 2009.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Hi,

    Today I upgraded my 2.6.28(.2) kernel tot 2.6.29. I use KVM to run
    several guests. All of them are connected via a tap interface to a bridge.

    To set everything up I've created some simple bash scripts, no change
    has been made in them during the update.

    After booting 2.6.29 networking to the guests stopped partialy. Packets
    generated by the guests got lost somewhere. Tcpdumping on the bridge
    they were seen, but on the received external hosts the packets were
    nowhere to be seen.

    Reverting back to the old kernel, everything worked fine as usual.

    Because the only thing done was booting a new kernel, I suspect the
    cause must be in here somewhere. For compiling the 2.6.29 I used 'zcat
    /proc/config.gz' > .config in the source directory and ran 'make
    menuconfig' once, without making changes.

    What has changed in 2.6.29 causing the bridges to fail?

    Regards,

    Frank
    Frank, Apr 2, 2009

  2. Frank

    smallpond Guest

    On Apr 2, 9:12 am, Frank <> wrote:

    > What has changed in 2.6.29 causing the bridges to fail?

    You don't want the perl group. You want a Civil Engineer.
    smallpond, Apr 2, 2009

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    smallpond wrote:
    > On Apr 2, 9:12 am, Frank <> wrote:
    >> What has changed in 2.6.29 causing the bridges to fail?
    >>

    > You don't want the perl group. You want a Civil Engineer.

    Oops, I wanted to post it in comp.os.linux.misc....
    Frank, Apr 2, 2009