2.6 multiprocessing and pdb

Aaron \Castironpi\ Brady

Hi,

I'm trying to step through a subprocess I launch with
multiprocessing. Does anyone know what hack to add? The actual call
comes in forking.Popen.__init__, Windows version, forking.py, line
222:

hp, ht, pid, tid = _subprocess.CreateProcess(
_python_exe, cmd, None, None, 1, 0, None, None, None

)

"to step through a subprocess" means that you are using a debugger (pdb?)
to execute the parent process, and want to debug the child process too?
You'll have to modify the command line (the cmd argument), so the child is
run thru the debugger too. I don't think pdb has any "remote" capabilities.