2 different Python distributions on same Windows box?

David Lees

I currently have PythonWin 2.3.4 on my Windows 2000 box, but would like
to try the Enthougt 2.2.3 distribution. Are there any tricks to making
these 2 distributions co-exist? Are there any potential problems?

TIA

David Lees

Michel Claveau - abstraction méta-galactique non t

Hi !

You want test bugs in stereo ?

Seriously, I hope to read a report of the continuation. Thank you in
advance.

Lucas Raab

If you're on Windows then your only problem would be if you double-clicked
whatever Python file you wanted to run. If you did do that then the most
recent version of Python would run the app.

Aquila Deus

David Lees said:
I currently have PythonWin 2.3.4 on my Windows 2000 box, but would like
to try the Enthougt 2.2.3 distribution. Are there any tricks to making
these 2 distributions co-exist? Are there any potential problems?

Registry keys may be overrided. Bad things may happen when you install
python packages using setup program.

Scott David Daniels

David said:
I currently have PythonWin 2.3.4 on my Windows 2000 box, but would like
to try the Enthougt 2.2.3 distribution. Are there any tricks to making
these 2 distributions co-exist? Are there any potential problems?

TIA

David Lees
They can be play nicely together. Multiple 2.3.? (or 2.2.? or ...)
is tougher. As long as the major or minor versions differ you are OK.

The one thing you need to be sure of is your environment variables
and search paths. A mixture of versions in those will cause you
heartache (if python23 is on your path and you are running 22, for
example). A pythonpath environment variable might be problematic.

I run 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4 on the same box. Just go for it and ask
if issues crop up.

-Scott David Daniels
(e-mail address removed)