    these 2 distributions co-exist? Are there any potential problems?

    TIA

    David Lees
    David Lees, Sep 4, 2004

  2. Hi !

    You want test bugs in stereo ?

    Seriously, I hope to read a report of the continuation. Thank you in
    advance.

    --
    Michel Claveau
    Michel Claveau - abstraction méta-galactique non t, Sep 4, 2004

  3. David Lees

    Lucas Raab Guest

    If you're on Windows then your only problem would be if you double-clicked
    whatever Python file you wanted to run. If you did do that then the most
    recent version of Python would run the app.

    Lucas Raab, Sep 4, 2004
  4. David Lees

    Aquila Deus Guest

    David Lees <> wrote in message news:<1ua_c.794$Gi5.373@trndny05>...
    > I currently have PythonWin 2.3.4 on my Windows 2000 box, but would like
    > to try the Enthougt 2.2.3 distribution. Are there any tricks to making
    > these 2 distributions co-exist? Are there any potential problems?

    Registry keys may be overrided. Bad things may happen when you install
    python packages using setup program.
    Aquila Deus, Sep 4, 2004
  5. David Lees wrote:
    > I currently have PythonWin 2.3.4 on my Windows 2000 box, but would like
    > to try the Enthougt 2.2.3 distribution. Are there any tricks to making
    > these 2 distributions co-exist? Are there any potential problems?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > David Lees

    They can be play nicely together. Multiple 2.3.? (or 2.2.? or ...)
    is tougher. As long as the major or minor versions differ you are OK.

    The one thing you need to be sure of is your environment variables
    and search paths. A mixture of versions in those will cause you
    heartache (if python23 is on your path and you are running 22, for
    example). A pythonpath environment variable might be problematic.

    I run 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4 on the same box. Just go for it and ask
    if issues crop up.

    -Scott David Daniels
    Scott David Daniels, Sep 5, 2004