    entire page (in other words, make it look to the user like we aren't
    using frames at all.) Is there a work-a-round for this?

    Thanks in advance.

    ws, Aug 20, 2005

  2. ws

    Toby Inkster Guest

    ws wrote:

    > I have always tried to stay away from frames but the client wants frames
    > for this because there is a flash music player that we need to keep on
    > the screen and not have it reload with each page load.

    Flash music player?

    Sounds like a perfect time to bring in pop-ups.

    Visitor clicks on a link to launch the Flash music player in a (small)
    pop-up window.

    They can then use the main browser window to surf the site with no frames.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Now Playing ~ ./cher_-_just_like_jesse_james.ogg

    Toby Inkster, Aug 20, 2005

  3. ws

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, ws quothed:

    > I have always tried to stay away from frames but the client wants frames
    > for this because there is a flash music player that we need to keep on
    > the screen and not have it reload with each page load.
    >
    > That being said, I know that the frames have individual scrollbars by
    > definition. However, I need to have just one scrollbar to control the
    > entire page (in other words, make it look to the user like we aren't
    > using frames at all.) Is there a work-a-round for this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    You can set individual scrollbars in the frameset.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Aug 20, 2005
  4. ws

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, ws quothed:

    > I have always tried to stay away from frames but the client wants frames
    > for this because there is a flash music player that we need to keep on
    > the screen and not have it reload with each page load.
    >
    > That being said, I know that the frames have individual scrollbars by
    > definition. However, I need to have just one scrollbar to control the
    > entire page (in other words, make it look to the user like we aren't
    > using frames at all.) Is there a work-a-round for this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Oops, I misread the question. But the question itself is contradictory.
    Either you want the whole page to scroll or you dont. If you want a
    "fixed" section with a full-page scrollbar, frames probably aren't the
    answer. Css is.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Aug 20, 2005