    --
    Marianne
    http://www.cavalierpage.com
    Marianne, Dec 30, 2003

  2. "Marianne" <> wrote in message
    news:3ff1a9bf$0$4031$4all.nl...
    > hi, Ive got a problem ... I cant seem to let 2 images span an entire site.
    > for some reason internet explorer (v6) gives some blank space left or

    right
    > www.cavalierpage.com/testie/1.htm
    > www.cavalierpage.com/testie/2.htm

    Use this in your <body> tag: TOPMARGIN="0" LEFTMARGIN="0" RIGHTMARGIN="0"

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com
    20% Discount Code: newsgroup
    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Marianne

    Marianne Guest

    > Use this in your <body> tag: TOPMARGIN="0" LEFTMARGIN="0" RIGHTMARGIN="0"

    Thx :) This works very nicely!!

    Marianne
    Marianne, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Marianne

    Spartanicus Guest

    Marianne wrote:

    >hi, Ive got a problem ... I cant seem to let 2 images span an entire site.

    Page width (not site).

    You've got a lot more problems than that, both your html and css are a
    complete mess.

    Regarding the original problem, add this to your css:
    body{padding:0;margin:0}

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Dec 30, 2003
  5. Tina - AffordableHOST.com wrote:

    > Use this in your <body> tag: TOPMARGIN="0" LEFTMARGIN="0" RIGHTMARGIN="0"

    Eugh. Non-standard junk.

    Stick: body { margin: 0; padding: 0; } in the style sheet instead. Much
    cleaner, and works in more browsers.

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>
    David Dorward, Dec 30, 2003
  6. Marianne

    Marianne Guest

    > >hi, Ive got a problem ... I cant seem to let 2 images span an entire

    site.

    > Page width (not site).

    hehe right :)

    > You've got a lot more problems than that, both your html and css are a
    > complete mess.

    just a test page ... no worries bout the html .. ill validate that sometime
    when it's done
    and for the css .. damn ur right ...dreamweaver did that to it, ill fix it
    asap.

    > Regarding the original problem, add this to your css:
    > body{padding:0;margin:0}

    Ill try that too thx you and david !!

    Marianne
    Marianne, Dec 30, 2003
  7. Marianne

    Spartanicus Guest

    Marianne wrote:

    >> You've got a lot more problems than that, both your html and css are a
    >> complete mess.

    >just a test page ... no worries bout the html .. ill validate that sometime
    >when it's done

    Validation won't solve the problems I'm referring to, <p>&nbsp</p> will
    validate but it's gunk code. Using tables for layout is another flaw.

    >and for the css .. damn ur right ...dreamweaver did that to it, ill fix it
    >asap.
    >
    >> Regarding the original problem, add this to your css:
    >> body{padding:0;margin:0}

    >Ill try that too thx you and david !!

    You'll probably need an extra container for the other content after
    you've done that, for example create a <div class"body"></div> container
    and set an appropriate padding on it.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Dec 30, 2003
  8. Marianne

    marianne Guest

    > Validation won't solve the problems I'm referring to, <p>&nbsp</p> will
    > validate but it's gunk code.

    Ok, ill have a look at that

    > Using tables for layout is another flaw.

    Ok, it has worked for me so far but im verry interested so ... Why? is that
    because tables are not consistent between browsers ? What would u advise?

    Marianne
    marianne, Dec 30, 2003
  9. Marianne

    Spartanicus Guest

    marianne wrote:

    >> Using tables for layout is another flaw.

    >Ok, it has worked for me so far but im verry interested so ... Why? is that
    >because tables are not consistent between browsers ? What would u advise?

    You appear to use html to achieve a certain visual appearance, for
    your layout. This is a common but fundamental mistake, html should be
    used to "describe" (marking up) the content of a page, a paragraph
    data.

    Styling (such as visual appearance) should then be applied using css
    only. This separation of content from presentation greatly enhances the
    usability of your data, indexing (search engines) works much better,
    usability of your data across the various devices is much better etc.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Dec 31, 2003
  10. Marianne

    marianne Guest

    "Spartanicus" <> schreef in bericht
    > marianne wrote:
    >
    > >> Using tables for layout is another flaw.

    > >Ok, it has worked for me so far but im verry interested so ... Why? is

    that
    > >because tables are not consistent between browsers ? What would u advise?

    > You appear to use html to achieve a certain visual appearance, for
    > your layout. This is a common but fundamental mistake, html should be
    > used to "describe" (marking up) the content of a page, a paragraph
    > data.
    >
    > Styling (such as visual appearance) should then be applied using css
    > only. This separation of content from presentation greatly enhances the
    > usability of your data, indexing (search engines) works much better,
    > usability of your data across the various devices is much better etc.

    Thx, I guess ill have something to do the next weeks then hehe

    Floortje
    marianne, Dec 31, 2003