2 images need to span the entire site

Marianne

Spartanicus

Marianne said:
hi, Ive got a problem ... I cant seem to let 2 images span an entire site.

Page width (not site).

You've got a lot more problems than that, both your html and css are a
complete mess.

Regarding the original problem, add this to your css:
body{padding:0;margin:0}

David Dorward

Tina said:
Use this in your <body> tag: TOPMARGIN="0" LEFTMARGIN="0" RIGHTMARGIN="0"

Eugh. Non-standard junk.

Stick: body { margin: 0; padding: 0; } in the style sheet instead. Much
cleaner, and works in more browsers.

Marianne

site.

Page width (not site).

hehe right :)
You've got a lot more problems than that, both your html and css are a
complete mess.

just a test page ... no worries bout the html .. ill validate that sometime
when it's done
and for the css .. damn ur right ...dreamweaver did that to it, ill fix it
asap.
Regarding the original problem, add this to your css:
body{padding:0;margin:0}

Ill try that too thx you and david !!

Marianne

Spartanicus

Marianne said:
just a test page ... no worries bout the html .. ill validate that sometime
when it's done

and for the css .. damn ur right ...dreamweaver did that to it, ill fix it
asap.

Ill try that too thx you and david !!

You'll probably need an extra container for the other content after
you've done that, for example create a <div class"body"></div> container
and set an appropriate padding on it.

marianne

Validation won't solve the problems I'm referring to said:
validate but it's gunk code.

Ok, ill have a look at that
Using tables for layout is another flaw.

Ok, it has worked for me so far but im verry interested so ... Why? is that
because tables are not consistent between browsers ? What would u advise?

Marianne

Spartanicus

marianne said:
Ok, it has worked for me so far but im verry interested so ... Why? is that
because tables are not consistent between browsers ? What would u advise?

You appear to use html to achieve a certain visual appearance, for
your layout. This is a common but fundamental mistake, html should be
used to "describe" (marking up) the content of a page, a paragraph
data.

Styling (such as visual appearance) should then be applied using css
only. This separation of content from presentation greatly enhances the
usability of your data, indexing (search engines) works much better,
usability of your data across the various devices is much better etc.

marianne

Spartanicus said:
You appear to use html to achieve a certain visual appearance, for
your layout. This is a common but fundamental mistake, html should be
used to "describe" (marking up) the content of a page, a paragraph
data.

Styling (such as visual appearance) should then be applied using css
only. This separation of content from presentation greatly enhances the
usability of your data, indexing (search engines) works much better,
usability of your data across the various devices is much better etc.
Thx, I guess ill have something to do the next weeks then hehe

Floortje