2 part question in regards to servlet and applets

Troy

Hello all,

Question 1:
I have developed a servlet that contains gif images within cells
(background images), but they will not display. If I take the source
code that the servlet creates (html code) and use that instead then
the images show up properly. Can someone inform me what I am doing
wrong here and how I might go about fixing this problem.

Question 2:
Same servlet. The servlet above contains links to applets in order to
play a game, but I am not sure how to link to the applet (html) file,
since for some reason it shows this page was not found. We are using
resin in order to test it on my local machine. What I am trying to do
is have the servlet open up a new html applet window and send
information from the servlet such as username to the applet so the
user information will appear in the game. So I am not sure how to get
the applet started as well as how to get the information from the
servlet to the applet. I know how to do the calls from the applet to
servlet, but not the other way around.

Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated thanks,

Troy & Iris Stratton

William Brogden

Hello all,

Question 1:
I have developed a servlet that contains gif images within cells
(background images), but they will not display. If I take the source
code that the servlet creates (html code) and use that instead then
the images show up properly. Can someone inform me what I am doing
wrong here and how I might go about fixing this problem.

If you have relative URLs for the images, the browser will request
them relative to where it got the servlet - typically doesn't work.
Instead, use absolute URLs for the images OR use a <base tag in the
head area of the page to define the base URL for finding the images.