2 Problems (ASP.NET 2.0 + INDIGO)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Mr. Murad Jamal, May 1, 2006.

  1. Hi all,
    I will highly appreciate your help to me if you help me with one (or both)
    of the following 2 problems:

    I have the following on my machine (Windows Vista build 5308) successfully
    installed:
    1) VS 2005 Standard
    2) Sql Server 2005 Standard
    3) Windows SDK February CTP (5308)
    4) Microsoft Visual Studio Code-named orcas CTP preview-development tools
    for winFX
    5) Visual Studio 2005 Extensions for WWF

    I have two small problems:
    I) I've read and fully understood Clemens Vasters article about INDIGO [

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/winfx/technologies/communication/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-

    us/dnlong/html/introtowcf.asp ] and I also read your "HELLO WCF" example

    [http://windowscommunication.net/collateral/pages/howto.htm ]; so I wanted
    to ONLY re-write

    your "Hello WCF" example on my machine (without making any changes to the
    code), I wrote

    the service, and then, chose Build -> success, I've run the sample, yes it's
    working, but

    as mentioned in the explanation of "Hello WCF" I must be able to open [

    http://localhost/hello ] and see a welcome page ! this is what freaks me !!
    i can't find

    anything in the www root directory altough i specified this directory [

    http://localhost/hello ] when i defined the new URI in code !! so when I
    open [

    http://localhost/hello ] it gives me this error : "..Not Found..".

    Note that I haven't developed any website before on ASP.NET 2.0, that's why
    when i open : [

    http://localhost ] it gives me "under construction page" !! Tell me please
    why there's NOT

    nothing in the root after I build the solution or why the browser gives me
    "..Not Found.."

    error !!

    II) When I try to create a new ASP.NET 2.0 (on the above machine), and
    choose to save it on

    "http", and press on "Browse" button to choose the "Local IIS" option, then
    oops, I can't

    use this option , DISABLED !! it tells me that "...you must be a member of
    the

    Administrators group on the local computer to access the IIS metabase...",
    what's the hell

    is that thing ?! I logged on using my own account and it's of course an
    Administrator

    account (i checked that from Control Panel), and to be also sure, I logged
    on with the user

    name "Administrator" which is the built-in administrator account with
    Windows Vista, and it

    also showed up the above message ! I opened the IIS, tried to play with
    security settings, but couldn't do anything to enable the "local IIS" option
    (mentioned above) !! is there

    specific thing that i must do to enable that option ! so i can create ASP.NE
    2.0 websites on [ http://localhost/ ] ?

    Thanx so much in advance !!
    Mr. Murad Jamal, May 1, 2006

  2. I'm still waiting for your help guys !! please help me out to solve this
    issue with ASP.NET !!!

    Mr. Murad Jamal, May 3, 2006