2 problems with GridView and ObjectDataSource

Jeff

hi

ASP.NET 3.5

I have a GridView and a ObjectDataSource on my webpage. The ObjectDataSource
is that datasource of the GridView.

I have 2 problems with these 2 objects:

problem #1
When the webpage is loading the ObjectDataSource execute the SelectMethod. I
want to avoid this so the SelectMethod isn't executed when page loads.. How?
if possible!

problem #2
I have a LinkButton on my webpage. When this button is clicked I want the
ObjectDataSource's SelectMethod to execute and fill the GridView.. I don't
know how to manually do this. I've tried GridView.databind() and
ObjectDataSource.databind() without any success

(GridView and ObjectDataSource has enabled paging, size 10)

(This is a page where the user can seach for information, he needs to enter
what he wants to search for and then click on the LinkButton, so no need to
perform a search when page load as no search phrase is entered in the
textbox)

any suggestions?