2 projects under 1 solution

Guest

I currently have a web project that references another projects DLL (its the
datalayer), and I have the DLL (copy to local = true) but when I make a
change to the datalayer DLL (project) I have to phyiscally copy the DLL to
the bin folder of my web application. Is there a way to have 2 projects under
1 solution and when I make a change to the datalayer DLL the web project can
use the changes without having to physically copy the dll to the bin folder
of the web project?

NuB

I did that and when i make a change to the datalayer DLL, its not updated in
the Bin Folder of my web project, so I have to copy it to the bin folder of
my web project

tdavisjr

CsharpGuy said:
I currently have a web project that references another projects DLL (its the
datalayer), and I have the DLL (copy to local = true) but when I make a
change to the datalayer DLL (project) I have to phyiscally copy the DLL to
the bin folder of my web application. Is there a way to have 2 projects under
1 solution and when I make a change to the datalayer DLL the web project can
use the changes without having to physically copy the dll to the bin folder
of the web project?

Instead of making a reference to the .dll file, you need to make a
reference to the project in the solution. On the references dialog
for Add Reference.. you will see a project tab. This list all the
current projects in the solution that you are able to reference. Make
your reference that way and you assemblies will update.

John

believe it or not just did that, made a change to the data layer DLL, and it
did not update in the web projects bin folder, so i had to drag and drop it
from the datalayer projects bin folder to the web projects bin folder.

this is driving me nuts

tdavisjr

John said:
believe it or not just did that, made a change to the data layer DLL, and it
did not update in the web projects bin folder, so i had to drag and drop it
from the datalayer projects bin folder to the web projects bin folder.

Are you building the entire Solution and not just the single project?
If so, then I don't know why its not updating the references. Thats
weird.

John

first i built the project first (datalayer), then built the solution and the
DLL still wasn't updated in my web project folder.