    --
    Paul G
    Software engineer.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Aug 4, 2004

  2. This is easy to do exactly as you described in ASP.NET 2.0.
    Unfortunately that's not released until next year.

    Until then you'll have to do some custom validation coding to implement such
    as situation.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > This is what I am trying to do
    > *********************************form1***********************
    > Control 1 required field validator 1
    > Control 2 required field validator 2
    > Submit button 1 (works only if control 1 and 2 inputs are correct does not

    check control 3 or 4 input)

    > Control 3 required field validator 3
    > Control 4 required field validator 4
    > Submit button 2 (works only if control 3 and 4 inputs are correct, does

    not check control 1 or 2 input)

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Aug 4, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=" <> wrote in

    > but
    > instead button 1 and button 2 check all controls for validation.
    > thanks

    You'll have to use a custom validator for this situation. You can't use the
    built in validators.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Aug 4, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    Peter Blum Guest

    ASP.NET 2.0 is in Beta 1 right now. Its expected to be released in the first
    half of 2005.

    There are several commercial solutions that solve this problem. Mine is
    Professional Validation And More (http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx).
    It provides the same 'validation groups' model as ASP.NET 2.0 has. It also
    supports many more browsers on the client-side and has 22 validator
    controls.

    There are numerous limitations in Microsoft's validation. I put together a
    list to help others as they plan their validation at
    http://www.peterblum.com/vam/valmain.aspx.

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email:

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > ok thanks for the information. Any idea when ASP.NET vers 2.0 is comming

    out and will there be a BETA version released for testing?

    Peter Blum, Aug 4, 2004