    technical way to use to make search and bring back data from database server
    to application server ? (webservices?)

    Thanks,

    Gabriel, Jun 26, 2006

  2. Gabriel

    Hans Kesting Guest

    > Hello,
    >
    > I need your advise. For a big application, we have 2 servers, one for the
    > application server and the other for the database. Could you tell me the
    > technical way to use to make search and bring back data from database server
    > to application server ? (webservices?)
    >
    > Thanks,

    No need to use webservices (which probably requires an IIS on the
    database server), just open a database-connection to that other
    machine.

    Works just the same as a connection to a database running on the same
    machine as the website, only now use the name (or IP-address) of that
    other machine instead of "localhost" or "(local)".

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Jun 27, 2006