2 targets

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Douglas, Dec 7, 2003.

  1. Douglas

    Douglas Guest

    I have a web site that use frames, to simplify it as below

    FRAME 1 | Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4
    FRAME 2 |

    FRAME 3 |

    Frame 1 has 4 links of which the 1st 3 link directly to Frame 3.
    The Link 4 in Frame 1 opens a page on Frame 2.
    Frame 2 has many links which open pages in Frame 3 only if Link 4 is
    selected otherwise I want Frame 2 to be blank

    I use the latest Dreamweaver and would like to know, is it possible to
    link to 2 separate frames when clickin links in Frame 1
    ie links 1, 2 and 3 in Frame 1 would open a blank page in Frame 2 and
    a page in Frame 3
    and link 4 in Frame 1 would open a page of links in Frame 2.
    Dreamweaver only lets me specify one target

    Hope this makes sense

    TIA

    Doug

    Douglas, Dec 7, 2003

  2. Douglas

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Douglas wrote:
    > I have a web site that use frames

    Foolish boy.

    > Dreamweaver only lets me specify one target

    On a mission? Have you tried less demanding environments?

    > Hope this makes sense

    Yes in that if you hobble your chances of success then any small gain is
    going to be difficult to to achieve.

    No, as they say in Eire "If I was going there, I wouldn't be starting from
    here"

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Douglas

    DU Guest

    Douglas wrote:

    > I have a web site that use frames, to simplify it as below

    > FRAME 1 | Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4
    > FRAME 2 |
    >

    > FRAME 3 |

    > Frame 1 has 4 links of which the 1st 3 link directly to Frame 3.
    > The Link 4 in Frame 1 opens a page on Frame 2.
    > Frame 2 has many links which open pages in Frame 3 only if Link 4 is
    > selected otherwise I want Frame 2 to be blank
    >
    > I use the latest Dreamweaver and would like to know, is it possible to
    > link to 2 separate frames when clickin links in Frame 1
    > ie links 1, 2 and 3 in Frame 1 would open a blank page in Frame 2 and
    > a page in Frame 3
    > and link 4 in Frame 1 would open a page of links in Frame 2.
    > Dreamweaver only lets me specify one target
    >
    > Hope this makes sense
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Doug

    For many reasons others already have explained, website based on frames
    is no longer recommendable anymore. Sorry.

    DU

    DU, Dec 7, 2003
  5. Douglas

    Barefoot Kid Guest

    "Douglas" <> wrote in message
    | I have a web site that use frames, to simplify it as below...

    select the link and use a go to url behaviour for each page u want to open, don't forget to choose
    onclick as the event
    Hung Diep
    New Media Designer
    www.intro-spect.co.uk