    same webserver. I am worrying about scalability in the future. Any
    recommendation? any easy way to make it become physically 3-tier? say...
    running the business object dll on another machine?
    NOSPAM, Oct 14, 2004

  2. if the business objects are in a separate project, you ahve a UI tier and a
    business tier. You can move to different machines, as long as you set up an
    interface (COM+ or web services in most cases). If the database is on
    another, you MIGHT be 3 tier. It depends on the logic, ie:

    Do you have a data access layer?
    or
    Do you do your work through stored procedures, not ad hoc queries from the
    page?

    If so, you are three tier.

    If your app works now, you are fine. If it is already logically divided
    (different projecs and a DAL or stored procs), you are ready to divide
    amongst machines, if necessary.

    ---

    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Oct 14, 2004