2 WebServices with the same name on 1 Server?

Ulrich Haverkamp

Hi,

I have developed a WebService (with .net) and have to install it on a
Windows2003-Server for TEST and PRODUCTION (my Customer has only 1
Windows-Server).

It it possible, to use the same name (of the asmx-file) for TEST and
PRODUCTION (same files in 2 different folders; I have installed the
PRODUCTION-WebService and want to copy it to another folder)
or
do i have to deploy the WebService for TEST with a different name (and a
second installation)?

(I have tried the first way, and now I have some Security-Problems (Access
is denied), when accessing dll's in the BIN-Subfolder)

thank you for your help
Ulrich Haverkamp

B_O_B

You can also try to create 2 different web sites using 2 different ports.
Let me know if either works.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Ulrich said:
Hi,

I have developed a WebService (with .net) and have to install it on a

HTH,
Bob Barrows