    Does one have any benefits over the other? Is anyone aware of
    comparison sites?

    TIA
    Roy, Aug 16, 2006

  2. On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:53:02 -0800, Gwen W wrote:
    >> Hey all,
    >> This came up in a meeting and I can't find any firm answers online, so
    >> I figured I'd come to you. :) Essentially, what's the difference
    >> between VS 2005 Crystal Reports and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services?
    >> Does one have any benefits over the other? Is anyone aware of
    >> comparison sites?
    >>
    >> TIA

    Depends on several factors. One of the important ones is the size of the
    application. If it is a small application Reporting Services might be an
    overkill, due to the fact that it requires SQL Server to run.

    Some links with more info:

    - http://news.sqlblogs.com/top/Reporting-Services-vs-Crystal-Reports.aspx
    - http://tabletdev.com/andy/archive/2005/04/04/451.aspx
    -