255 limit of field size

raj chahal

hi there

I'm creating a database site and using access. I've created a number of
fields i.e date, time, description, cost
The only problem is that the description info is larger than the 255
character limit imposed by access. How can I solve this one?

Thanks in advance
raj

dlbjr

The only way to pass the 255 limit in Access is to make it a memo
I would suggest using two tables linked with a key, separating the memo
field(s) from the other data. This will increase index performance and
querying on the data when the bucket gets large.

-dlbjr

invariable unerring alien