2K Okay, no go on the 2K3 Web Server

Jerry M. Gartner

Greetings:

I recently installed an ASP.NET application on my dev server, which is
2K SBS SP3 box and it works fine. When I uploaded to the live server, a 2K3
Web Server, and reconfigured the web.config to point to the proper directory
structure, all I can seem to raise is a 404 error. I added a wildcard
mapping to the aspnet_asapi.dll for the directory with no change.

I know that 2K3 is a bit tighter on security and I am assuming that my
ignorance of these features is to blame. Any direction would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Carl Prothman [MVP]

Jerry said:
I recently installed an ASP.NET application on my dev server,
which is 2K SBS SP3 box and it works fine. When I uploaded to the
live server, a 2K3 Web Server,

Jerry,
How did you upload? Via FTP? Via Visual Studio .NET's ProjectCopy?
and reconfigured the web.config to point to the proper directory structure,

Huh? You mean for Form's Auth?
all I can seem to raise is a 404 error.
I added a wildcard mapping to the
aspnet_asapi.dll for the directory with no change.

Make sure IIS has the correct mapping
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q306005&GSSNB=1

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman

Hire top-notch developers at
http://www.able-consulting.com

Jerry M. Gartner

Carl:

Thanks for the response. I am a fresh newbie to .NET so I apologize for
not knowing the proper terminology. I uploaded the app via FTP. But I
followed the link to KB306005. That solved the problem. Thanks again!

--
Regards,

Jerry M. Gartner
www.gartnerwebdev.com