2nd Chance Exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an ob

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Abstract Labs, Jul 31, 2007.

  1. We have recently deployed our application with the addition of
    AJAX.net for the last two weeks we have been suffering deadlock issues
    with the application pool. We are in a farmed environment and our
    application uses impersionation on a domain security account. We are
    using a state server all applications are running the latest patched
    version of .NET 2.0 with the latest service patch I have put in place
    an app domain unhandled exception handler and found the following
    stack associatied with our exception.

    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
    of an object.
    at
    System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.PollLockedSessionCallback(Object
    state)
    at System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object
    state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode
    code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext
    executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
    executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object
    state)

    I have only found reference to this issue in one other location
    http://forums.asp.net/t/1132396.aspx I will attempt to un-install the
    security patch but that seems like a very poor solution to this
    problem.
    Abstract Labs, Jul 31, 2007

  2. RE: 2nd Chance Exception System.NullReferenceException: Object referen

    Have the same problem here. Did you find a solution?
    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhd24gTS4=?=, Aug 9, 2007