2nd request fixed headers for scrolling table

richard

Need a way to do with this with absolutely no javascript in any way.

A couple of years brucie did one with BOTH a fixed header and footer.
Anyone got that one they can link to for me?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard said:
Need a way to do with this with absolutely no javascript in any way.

There is no JavaScript at the link in the other thread.

richard

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
There is no JavaScript at the link in the other thread.

The CSS code shows a line of javascript.
Brucie did one without the script.

thead td {
font-size: 14px;
font-weight: bold;
text-align: center;
background-color: papayawhip;
color: steelblue;
border-top: solid slategray 2px;
border-bottom: solid 2px slategray;
position:relative;
top: expression(document.getElementById("data").scrollTop-2); /*IE5+ only*/
}

Looks like JS to me.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard said:
The CSS code shows a line of javascript. ...
top: expression(document.getElementById("data").scrollTop-2); /*IE5+ only*/
Looks like JS to me.

Yes, it sorta does. Hard to see. However, with that line completely
removed, everything still functions as you would expect, in IE, Firefox,
whatever. So remove the line.

Andy Dingley

richard said:
Need a way to do with this with absolutely no javascript in any way.

Unless it's for a bet, I doubt you really need this.

Why not settle for "One that still works fine if JavaScript is turned
off, or isn't running on IE". In which case, the other example works
fine.