    Need a way to do with this with absolutely no javascript in any way.

    A couple of years brucie did one with BOTH a fixed header and footer.
    Anyone got that one they can link to for me?

    richard, Oct 11, 2006

  2. richard wrote:

    > Need a way to do with this with absolutely no javascript in any way.

    There is no JavaScript at the link in the other thread.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 11, 2006

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    > richard wrote:
    >
    >> Need a way to do with this with absolutely no javascript in any way.

    > There is no JavaScript at the link in the other thread.

    The CSS code shows a line of javascript.
    Brucie did one without the script.

    thead td {
    font-size: 14px;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-align: center;
    background-color: papayawhip;
    color: steelblue;
    border-top: solid slategray 2px;
    border-bottom: solid 2px slategray;
    position:relative;
    top: expression(document.getElementById("data").scrollTop-2); /*IE5+ only*/
    }

    Looks like JS to me.

    richard, Oct 11, 2006
  4. richard wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >> richard wrote:
    >>
    >>> Need a way to do with this with absolutely no javascript in any way.

    >> There is no JavaScript at the link in the other thread.

    > The CSS code shows a line of javascript.

    > top: expression(document.getElementById("data").scrollTop-2); /*IE5+ only*/

    > Looks like JS to me.

    Yes, it sorta does. Hard to see. However, with that line completely
    removed, everything still functions as you would expect, in IE, Firefox,
    whatever. So remove the line.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 11, 2006
  5. richard

    Andy Dingley Guest

    richard wrote:

    > Need a way to do with this with absolutely no javascript in any way.

    Unless it's for a bet, I doubt you really need this.

    Why not settle for "One that still works fine if JavaScript is turned
    off, or isn't running on IE". In which case, the other example works
    fine.

    Andy Dingley, Oct 11, 2006