3.2*2 is 9.6 ... or maybe it isn't?

Michael Torrie

Robert said:
In the former case, you can claim that decimal floating point is more accurate
*for those problems*. But as soon as you have a division operation, decimal
floating point has the same accuracy problems as binary floating point.

True. Poor choice of words on my part. No matter what representation
one chooses for numbers, we can remember that digits != precision.
That's why significant digits were drilled into our heads in physics!
That's the reason IEEE actually works out for most things that we need
floating point for.