3 col CSS layout adding middle bgcolor?

Bo

How can I add some code so that left1, left2 and right in the code below has
a white background of their own and I can black or image defined in the body
tag?

Thx in advance.

..wrapper{
margin: 0px auto;
width: 986px;
background-color: #cccccc
}
..header{
float: left;
width: 986px;
height: 114px;
background-color: #6699cc;
position:fixed
}
..left1{
float: left;
margin-right: 20px;
margin-top: 120px;
width: 180px;
background-color: #ffffff
}
..left2{
float: left;
margin-right: 20px;
margin-top: 120px;
width: 606px;
background-color: #ffffff
}
..right{
float: right;
margin-top: 120px;
width: 160px;
background-color: #ffffff
}
..footer{
float: left;
width: 100%;
background-color: #cfcfcf
}
body {
padding: 0px;
margin: 0px;
background-color: #000000
}

Bob

dorayme

"Bo said:
How can I add some code so that left1, left2 and right in the code below has
a white background of their own and I can black or image defined in the body
tag?

What a funny sentence? Perhaps you are wanting .wrapper (overflow:
hidden;} or, to satisfy IE6, put a cleared element below the floats.

Perhaps you might be helped by:

http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/

richard

How can I add some code so that left1, left2 and right in the code below has
a white background of their own and I can black or image defined in the body
tag?

Thx in advance.

body {background:#fff}

..left1, .left2, .right {background:#000}