3 column css problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Paul F. Johnson, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    First off, from all of me, to all of you, may I wish you all very merry
    Christmas.

    Now for a small problem.

    When it's not uploaded to the server, the following page

    http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/reel_north/archives.html looks fine
    (all three columns on the right are equally spaced). However, once onto
    the server, the results are pretty messy (as you can see).

    The css file is the same on the local machine as is on the server.

    Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

    For ease, the bits controlling the columns look like this

    #left {
    float:left;
    width:33%;
    margin:0;
    padding:0;
    }

    #right {
    float: right;
    width:33%;
    margin:0;
    padding:0;
    }

    #middle {
    margin: 0 60px;
    }

    Would it be a better idea to be defining all three columns as finite
    distances (i.e. 110px per column)?

    TTFN

    Paul

    Paul F. Johnson, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Toby A Inkster, Dec 23, 2003

  3. William Tasso, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Paul F. Johnson

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:p>
    Paul F. Johnson said:

    > First off, from all of me, to all of you, may I wish you all very merry
    > Christmas.

    i was going to help you until you said that

    --
    brucie
    23/December/2003 10:55:10 pm kilo

    brucie, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Hi,

    By the process of certain things happening, Toby A Inkster managed to
    say...

    > Paul F. Johnson wrote:
    >
    >> http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/reel_north/archives.html looks fine
    >> (all three columns on the right are equally spaced).

    > Huh? I see only two columns.

    Look on the right side column under the words "Films and Interviews". It
    should look

    [title] [title] [title]
    [title] [title] [title]

    But it's coming out

    [ti [title] [title]
    tle] [title] [title]

    TTFN

    Paul
    --
    One OS to fool them all
    One browser to find them

    Paul F. Johnson, Dec 23, 2003
  6. Hi,

    By the process of certain things happening, brucie managed to say...

    > in post <news:p>
    > Paul F. Johnson said:
    >
    >> First off, from all of me, to all of you, may I wish you all very merry
    >> Christmas.

    > i was going to help you until you said that

    Fair enough. It possibly was a bit offensive to those who don't celebrate
    the festive period for whatever reason. If you're (or anyone else who has
    read and been offended by the line) one of these, I'm truely sorry for the
    offence caused.

    TTFN

    Paul

    Paul F. Johnson, Dec 23, 2003
  7. Paul F. Johnson

    Steve R. Guest

    Paul F. Johnson wrote in message ...
    > Look on the right side column under the words "Films and Interviews". It
    > should look
    > [title] [title] [title]

    Looks fine to me - IE6 at 1024x768 and 800x600

    Steve R., Dec 23, 2003
  8. Hi,

    By the process of certain things happening, Steve R. managed to say...

    > Looks fine to me - IE6 at 1024x768 and 800x600

    This is really bemusing me.

    Moz 1.5a on the laptop, local looks fine, server looks wrong
    Moz 1.5a on this box, local looks wrong, server looks fine!

    It must be something in the water...

    TTFN

    Paul

    Paul F. Johnson, Dec 23, 2003
  9. Paul F. Johnson

    Genomega Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > By the process of certain things happening, brucie managed to say...
    >
    > > in post <news:p>
    > > Paul F. Johnson said:
    > >
    > >> First off, from all of me, to all of you, may I wish you all very merry
    > >> Christmas.

    > > i was going to help you until you said that

    > Fair enough. It possibly was a bit offensive to those who don't celebrate
    > the festive period for whatever reason. If you're (or anyone else who has
    > read and been offended by the line) one of these, I'm truely sorry for the
    > offence caused.
    >
    > TTFN
    >
    > Paul

    Don't worry about it people like this have issues...

    Genomega, Dec 24, 2003
  10. <snip>

    Looks like the text is wider than the column.....

    Titus A Ducksass, Dec 25, 2003