3 field Logon - looking for guidance!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Bill, Sep 9, 2006.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I have an existing app using homegrown code for login authentication and am
    in the process of updating the site to net 2.0

    I would really like to use the Login controls and Membership provider but I
    have a 3 field login

    Company
    User
    Password

    I don't want to give up on this unless I have to, since we may have multiple
    "john Smiths" from different companies

    Could I stitch the user, password ASP membership model and my company name
    together to make a 3 field login?
    perhaps by appending the companyname to the username before submitting for
    validation?

    How about a 3 field custom provider - would this be hard? Any examples out
    there?

    I read the recent post about multiple Membership.ApplicationName and I don't
    really see that as a solution sincce I am dealing with hundreds of
    companies.

    Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated

    Thanks

    Bill

    Bill, Sep 9, 2006