3 general questions

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by roseta, Dec 19, 2005.

  1. roseta

    roseta Guest

    Hello,

    I have three question:

    1- If we build a web application with asp.net , can we use vb.net code
    in it? like windows applications?

    2-if we build a web application with asp.net the extention of pages
    would be .aspx correct?

    3- In my visual studio.net if I want to open a new and empty web
    application with asp.net it will give me this error what is wrong in my
    visual studio.net

    Visual studio.net has detected that the specified web server is not
    running asp.net version 1.1. You will be unable to run aps.net web
    application or service

    thanks in advance
    roseta

    roseta, Dec 19, 2005

  2. Roseta,

    1) yes, you can use vb.net in the code-behind or C# if you prefer

    2) yep, aspx will be the extension

    3) you can re-register the asp.net account from a cmd prompt. I assume you have the .net framework 1.1 installed

    %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    HTH

    Jose

    Jose Rodriguez, Dec 19, 2005

  3. > 1- If we build a web application with asp.net , can we use vb.net code
    > in it? like windows applications?

    yes

    > 2-if we build a web application with asp.net the extention of pages
    > would be .aspx correct?

    yes, unless the page produces just static html. Then it can be a regular
    html page.

    > 3- In my visual studio.net if I want to open a new and empty web
    > application with asp.net it will give me this error what is wrong in my
    > visual studio.net
    >
    > Visual studio.net has detected that the specified web server is not
    > running asp.net version 1.1. You will be unable to run aps.net web
    > application or service

    You need to have IIS running and asp.net registered with IIS like this:
    aspnet_regiis -i

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Dec 19, 2005