3 general questions

roseta

Hello,

I have three question:

1- If we build a web application with asp.net , can we use vb.net code
in it? like windows applications?

2-if we build a web application with asp.net the extention of pages
would be .aspx correct?

3- In my visual studio.net if I want to open a new and empty web
application with asp.net it will give me this error what is wrong in my
visual studio.net

Visual studio.net has detected that the specified web server is not
running asp.net version 1.1. You will be unable to run aps.net web
application or service

thanks in advance
roseta

Jose Rodriguez

Roseta,

1) yes, you can use vb.net in the code-behind or C# if you prefer

2) yep, aspx will be the extension

3) you can re-register the asp.net account from a cmd prompt. I assume you have the .net framework 1.1 installed

%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

HTH

Jose

Eliyahu Goldin

1- If we build a web application with asp.net , can we use vb.net code
in it? like windows applications? yes

2-if we build a web application with asp.net the extention of pages
would be .aspx correct?
yes, unless the page produces just static html. Then it can be a regular
html page.
3- In my visual studio.net if I want to open a new and empty web
application with asp.net it will give me this error what is wrong in my
visual studio.net

Visual studio.net has detected that the specified web server is not
running asp.net version 1.1. You will be unable to run aps.net web
application or service
You need to have IIS running and asp.net registered with IIS like this:
aspnet_regiis -i

Eliyahu