3 new slogans

smarter_than_you

1) Python made me rich
2) Python saved my life
3) Python changed my mind

put them on T-shirts. Collect all three!!

Michael Peuser

Graham Fawcett said:
how about

I'm not really a wizard, I just use Python

or (untested, but I think it's right)

s/(perl|java|vba|c(#|\+\+|)?)/python/g

... but - as *any* regex - can be improved:
s/\b(perl|java|vba?|c(#|\+\+|)?)/python/gi

Kindly
Michael P

Alan Kennedy

Graham said:
or, with apologies to Clarke,

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python"

I *really* like this one.

Only problem is, you have to be a sci-fi head to get it: No problem
for me: I've been reading Arthur C. Clarke since I was 8 years old.

regards,

Skip Montanaro

Michael> .. but - as *any* regex - can be improved:
Michael> s/\b(perl|java|vba?|c(#|\+\+|)?)/python/gi

We ought to at least use Python for this

re.sub(r"(?i)\b(perl|java|vba?|c(#|\+\+|)?)", "python")
'python python python python python python python python python'

Skip

Matt Smith

Alan Kennedy said:
I *really* like this one.

Only problem is, you have to be a sci-fi head to get it: No problem
for me: I've been reading Arthur C. Clarke since I was 8 years old.

regards,

those all suck,

how about.....

Get wrapped up in python

nah thats shit too, emmm

how about.....

Python is your daddy

no equally shit

how about.....

The high level programming language in front is Python...

oh dear...think i might just leave it there..

;P

matt.

Peter Hansen

Matt said:
those all suck,

how about.....

Get wrapped up in python

nah thats shit too, emmm

I once tried out "Wrap Python around your problem and crush it!"

Yours is shorter though.

(Not that length matters! ;-)

-Peter

Nick Vargish

Graham Fawcett said:
or, with apologies to Clarke,

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python

I'd wear that on a T-shirt. Or, with apologies to Sturgeon:

90% of code is crud
The rest is Python

Nick

F. GEIGER

Years ago I read in Usenet "Less code, more results". Was it in a VB group?
I forgot. Anyway, it really applies to Python.

"Python - less code, more results".

Cheers
Franz

Graham Fawcett

Nick said:
I'd wear that on a T-shirt. Or, with apologies to Sturgeon:

90% of code is crud
The rest is Python

Brilliant. I'd wear that one on a T-shirt, too.

Actually, I'd probably get a big tattoo with both of 'em, and stop
wearing T-shirts...

-- G

Christian Tismer

F. GEIGER said:
Years ago I read in Usenet "Less code, more results". Was it in a VB group?
I forgot. Anyway, it really applies to Python.

"Python - less code, more results".

Reminds me of some sentence of mine if a different
context (long thread about some work which didn't happen)

"less words, more code"

--
Christian Tismer :^) <mailto:[email protected]>
Mission Impossible 5oftware : Have a break! Take a ride on Python's

Simon Callan

In message <[email protected]>
Alan Kennedy said:
I *really* like this one.

Only problem is, you have to be a sci-fi head to get it: No problem
for me: I've been reading Arthur C. Clarke since I was 8 years old.

You could always go for the classic variant on Clarke's statement:
"Any technology distinguishable from Python is insufficiently advanced"

Simon

Dave Benjamin

3 more slogans:

1. Python: Taste programming again for the first time. (apologies to Kellog)
2. If the implementation is easy to explain, it may be Python. <3.1415 wink>
3. Python: Rehab for the semicolon.

Dave

Irmen de Jong

Simon said:
You could always go for the classic variant on Clarke's statement:
"Any technology distinguishable from Python is insufficiently advanced"

Hehe, Simon, thanks for that one! It made me laugh aloud :)

But seriously, I don't think it is well suited for a slogan.
In my opinion, you should only speak about your own product
(python) and not about other people's products (in a negative
way). So slogan-wise, I like the original variation better.

--Irmen

Marc Wilson

in <[email protected]>::

|Sean Ross wrote:
|>
|> Python. Fat Free Programming
|
|Please use a hyphen in the right place, or we'll all be
|overweight and unpaid!

Too late!

I need to lose 20lb and chase some invoices.

--
Marc Wilson

Cleopatra Consultants Limited - IT Consultants
2 The Grange, Cricklade Street, Old Town, Swindon SN1 3HG
Tel: (44/0) 70-500-15051 Fax: (44/0) 870 164-0054
Mail: (e-mail address removed) Web: http://www.cleopatra.co.uk
Try MailTraq at https://my.mailtraq.com/register.asp?code=cleopatra

Raymond Hettinger

"My code doesn't run...
...It slithers! - Python"

People who have suffered from poor quality software might not
be attracted to something that says its "code doesn't run."

Raymond Hettinger