    2) Python saved my life
    3) Python changed my mind

    put them on T-shirts. Collect all three!!
    smarter_than_you, Aug 14, 2003

  2. "Graham Fawcett" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > smarter_than_you wrote:
    >
    > >1) Python made me rich
    > >2) Python saved my life
    > >3) Python changed my mind
    > >
    > >put them on T-shirts. Collect all three!!
    > >

    > how about
    >
    > I'm not really a wizard, I just use Python
    >
    > or (untested, but I think it's right)
    >
    > s/(perl|java|vba|c(#|\+\+|)?)/python/g

    ... but - as *any* regex - can be improved:
    s/\b(perl|java|vba?|c(#|\+\+|)?)/python/gi

    Kindly
    Michael P

    Michael Peuser, Aug 14, 2003

  3. smarter_than_you

    Alan Kennedy Guest

    Graham Fawcett wrote:

    > or, with apologies to Clarke,
    >
    > "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python"

    I *really* like this one.

    Only problem is, you have to be a sci-fi head to get it: No problem
    for me: I've been reading Arthur C. Clarke since I was 8 years old.

    regards,

    --
    alan kennedy
    Alan Kennedy, Aug 14, 2003

  4. >> s/(perl|java|vba|c(#|\+\+|)?)/python/g

    Michael> .. but - as *any* regex - can be improved:
    Michael> s/\b(perl|java|vba?|c(#|\+\+|)?)/python/gi

    We ought to at least use Python for this

    re.sub(r"(?i)\b(perl|java|vba?|c(#|\+\+|)?)", "python")

    >>> import re
    >>> s = "vba vb perl java vba vb c# c c++"
    >>> re.sub(r"(?i)\b(perl|java|vba?|c(#|\+\+)?)", "python", s)

    'python python python python python python python python python'

    Skip
    Skip Montanaro, Aug 14, 2003
  5. smarter_than_you

    Matt Smith Guest

    Alan Kennedy <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Graham Fawcett wrote:
    >
    > > or, with apologies to Clarke,
    > >
    > > "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python"

    > I *really* like this one.
    >
    > Only problem is, you have to be a sci-fi head to get it: No problem
    > for me: I've been reading Arthur C. Clarke since I was 8 years old.
    >
    > regards,

    those all suck,

    how about.....

    Get wrapped up in python

    nah thats shit too, emmm

    how about.....

    Python is your daddy

    no equally shit

    how about.....

    The high level programming language in front is Python...

    oh dear...think i might just leave it there..

    ;P

    matt.
    Matt Smith, Aug 14, 2003
  6. smarter_than_you

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Matt Smith wrote:

    > Alan Kennedy <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Graham Fawcett wrote:
    > >
    > > > or, with apologies to Clarke,
    > > >
    > > > "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python"

    > > I *really* like this one.
    > >
    > > Only problem is, you have to be a sci-fi head to get it: No problem
    > > for me: I've been reading Arthur C. Clarke since I was 8 years old.
    > >
    > > regards,

    > those all suck,
    >
    > how about.....
    >
    > Get wrapped up in python
    >
    > nah thats shit too, emmm

    I once tried out "Wrap Python around your problem and crush it!"

    Yours is shorter though.

    (Not that length matters! ;-)

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Aug 14, 2003
  7. smarter_than_you

    Nick Vargish Guest

    Graham Fawcett <> writes:

    > or, with apologies to Clarke,
    >
    > Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python

    I'd wear that on a T-shirt. Or, with apologies to Sturgeon:

    90% of code is crud
    The rest is Python

    Nick

    --
    # sigmask || 0.2 || 20030107 || public domain || feed this to a python
    print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')
    Nick Vargish, Aug 14, 2003
  8. smarter_than_you

    F. GEIGER Guest

    Years ago I read in Usenet "Less code, more results". Was it in a VB group?
    I forgot. Anyway, it really applies to Python.

    "Python - less code, more results".

    Cheers
    Franz

    F. GEIGER, Aug 14, 2003
  9. Nick Vargish wrote:

    >Graham Fawcett <> writes:
    >

    >>or, with apologies to Clarke,
    >>
    >> Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python
    >>

    >I'd wear that on a T-shirt. Or, with apologies to Sturgeon:
    >
    > 90% of code is crud
    > The rest is Python

    Brilliant. I'd wear that one on a T-shirt, too.

    Actually, I'd probably get a big tattoo with both of 'em, and stop
    wearing T-shirts...

    -- G
    Graham Fawcett, Aug 14, 2003
  10. smarter_than_you

    Sean Ross Guest

    Python. Fat Free Programming
    Sean Ross, Aug 14, 2003
  11. smarter_than_you

    Mike Kier Guest

    "My code doesn't run...
    ...It slithers! - Python"

    --
    Mike Kier
    HP Consulting & Integration Services
    Mike Kier, Aug 14, 2003
  12. F. GEIGER wrote:

    > Years ago I read in Usenet "Less code, more results". Was it in a VB group?
    > I forgot. Anyway, it really applies to Python.
    >
    > "Python - less code, more results".

    Reminds me of some sentence of mine if a different
    context (long thread about some work which didn't happen)

    "less words, more code"

    --
    Christian Tismer :^) <mailto:>
    Mission Impossible 5oftware : Have a break! Take a ride on Python's
    Christian Tismer, Aug 14, 2003
  13. smarter_than_you

    Simon Callan Guest

    In message <>
    Alan Kennedy <> wrote:

    > Graham Fawcett wrote:
    >
    > > or, with apologies to Clarke,
    > >
    > > "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
    > > Python"

    > I *really* like this one.
    >
    > Only problem is, you have to be a sci-fi head to get it: No problem
    > for me: I've been reading Arthur C. Clarke since I was 8 years old.

    You could always go for the classic variant on Clarke's statement:
    "Any technology distinguishable from Python is insufficiently advanced"

    Simon
    Simon Callan, Aug 14, 2003
  14. 3 more slogans:

    1. Python: Taste programming again for the first time. (apologies to Kellog)
    2. If the implementation is easy to explain, it may be Python. <3.1415 wink>
    3. Python: Rehab for the semicolon.

    Dave
    Dave Benjamin, Aug 14, 2003
  15. I also like the Clarke one.
    With apologies to Honda,

    "Isn't it nice when things just work?"

    >> or, with apologies to Clarke,
    >>
    >> "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python"

    > I *really* like this one.

    Simon.
    Simon Bayling, Aug 14, 2003
  16. On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:29:47 -0700,
    Dave Kuhlman <> wrote:
    > By the way, at one time I found a set of Python icons that could
    > be freely used, for example on Web sites. Is that still
    > available? I couldn't find it. If it still exists, perhaps the

    http://www.python.org/community/logos.html, perhaps?

    --amk
    A.M. Kuchling, Aug 14, 2003
  17. Simon Callan wrote:

    > You could always go for the classic variant on Clarke's statement:
    > "Any technology distinguishable from Python is insufficiently advanced"

    Hehe, Simon, thanks for that one! It made me laugh aloud :)

    But seriously, I don't think it is well suited for a slogan.
    In my opinion, you should only speak about your own product
    (python) and not about other people's products (in a negative
    way). So slogan-wise, I like the original variation better.

    --Irmen
    Irmen de Jong, Aug 14, 2003
  18. smarter_than_you

    Marc Wilson Guest

    In comp.lang.python, Peter Hansen <> (Peter Hansen) wrote
    in <>::

    |Sean Ross wrote:
    |>
    |> Python. Fat Free Programming
    |
    |Please use a hyphen in the right place, or we'll all be
    |overweight and unpaid!

    Too late!

    I need to lose 20lb and chase some invoices.

    --
    Marc Wilson

    Cleopatra Consultants Limited - IT Consultants
    2 The Grange, Cricklade Street, Old Town, Swindon SN1 3HG
    Tel: (44/0) 70-500-15051 Fax: (44/0) 870 164-0054
    Mail: Web: http://www.cleopatra.co.uk
    Try MailTraq at https://my.mailtraq.com/register.asp?code=cleopatra
    Marc Wilson, Aug 15, 2003
  19. > "My code doesn't run...
    > ...It slithers! - Python"

    People who have suffered from poor quality software might not
    be attracted to something that says its "code doesn't run."

    Raymond Hettinger
    Raymond Hettinger, Aug 15, 2003
  20. smarter_than_you

    Andy Bulka Guest