3 questions on validation

Discussion in 'HTML' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. Cross-posted to: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html and alt.html
    Followup-to: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html

    1- One day, I stumbled across a website that offers to validate
    webpages. What was really special about that site is that the validation
    service was available in Russian, German, Spanish and English. Now, I
    can't find this site anymore. I did search google. Do you know such
    site? What's its url?

    2- Generally speaking, the most damaging markup code errors are improper
    nesting. Damaging in the sense that it breaks the layout. Any comment on
    this? Do you agree?

    3- I've written a webpage explaining what is validation (HTML, CSS and
    also WCAG). That page is targeting users who know pretty much nothing
    about markup code, web authoring issues, etc. or who know little and who
    might be using FrontPage and lower class products of this sort. I'd like
    to hear some feedback on that page, preferably constructive criticisms,
    suggestions, useful feedback, etc.

    http://www.gtalbot.org/Varia/ValidationExplanations.html

    Cross-posted to: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html and alt.html
    Followup-to: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html

    GĂ©rard
    --
    remove blah to email me

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=, Sep 29, 2005