301 Permanent Redirect

Ross Culver

If Google tells me that I have too many redirects on my url or 302 Temporary
redirects (they say this in the same sentence so who know which is the case)
and they recommend changing all temporary redirects to permanent redirects,
what does this mean?

The only redirects I have relating to two seperate domains are the
identities I setup in IIS (www.domain.com, domain.com, www.otherdomain.com,
otherdomain.com). That seems pretty permanent to me.

Are they talking about 'response.redirect()' in my codebehind? Sure, I have
dozens of those; but, so what?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks,

Ross