    Thanks and Rgds,
    Bhushan

    , Jan 17, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I had few queries related to JVM.
    > 1) Is it possible to run one application in 32 bit JVM and another in
    > 64 bit JVM on the same machine? If yes, how?
    > 2) how do we know what version of JVM is being used by java
    > application.
    >
    > Thanks and Rgds,
    > Bhushan

    I may be wrong, but I think the VM is the same, a 64-bit VM is just a VM
    that runs on 64-bit hardware.
    Your app does not care about this, in the same way that it does not care
    wether the VM runs on windows, linux or something else: the "java-side"
    is always the same.

    Francesco

    Francesco Devittori, Jan 17, 2006

  3. Nigel Wade Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I had few queries related to JVM.
    > 1) Is it possible to run one application in 32 bit JVM and another in
    > 64 bit JVM on the same machine? If yes, how?

    Install both a 32bit and 64bit JVM, then run the relevant java executable for
    each.

    > 2) how do we know what version of JVM is being used by java
    > application.

    The Sun and Blackdown JVMs provide this property:

    sun.arch.data.model=32
    sun.arch.data.model=64

    for their 32bit/64bit JVMs. I don't know about any others.

    E-mail :
    Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555

    Nigel Wade, Jan 17, 2006

    Hi Nigel,

    Thank you for the reply. This has definately helped us.

    Thanks again.

    Rgds,
    Bhushan

    Nigel Wade wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I had few queries related to JVM.
    > > 1) Is it possible to run one application in 32 bit JVM and another in
    > > 64 bit JVM on the same machine? If yes, how?

    > Install both a 32bit and 64bit JVM, then run the relevant java executable for
    > each.
    >
    > > 2) how do we know what version of JVM is being used by java
    > > application.

    > The Sun and Blackdown JVMs provide this property:
    >
    > sun.arch.data.model=32
    > sun.arch.data.model=64
    >
    > for their 32bit/64bit JVMs. I don't know about any others.
    >
    > --
    > Nigel Wade, System Administrator, Space Plasma Physics Group,
    > University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK
    > E-mail :
    > Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555

    , Jan 23, 2006