    me out in finding the VHDL CODE for 32 bit floating point
    multiplier.

    --ANIL
    anil, Jan 27, 2007

  2. anil wrote:
    > hello,
    >
    > iam a student of bachelor of engineering,
    > iam working on the testing of single precision multiplier
    > using simuTAG (using JTAG interface).can anybody help
    > me out in finding the VHDL CODE for 32 bit floating point
    > multiplier.

    Consider using an unsigned multiply.
    Writing a floating point multiplier
    would be a lot of work.

    -- Mike Treseler

    library ieee;
    use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
    use ieee.numeric_std.all;
    entity mult32 is
    -- Sun Jan 28 08:11:41 2007 M.Treseler
    generic (vec_len : natural := 32);
    port (
    reset : in std_ulogic;
    clock : in std_ulogic;
    a : in unsigned(vec_len-1 downto 0);
    b : in unsigned(vec_len-1 downto 0);
    c : out unsigned(2*vec_len-1 downto 0)
    );
    end mult32;
    architecture synth of mult32 is
    begin
    m32x32 : process (reset, clock) is
    variable c_v : unsigned(2*vec_len-1 downto 0);
    begin
    if reset = '1' then
    init_regs : c_v := (others => '0');
    elsif rising_edge(clock) then
    update_regs : c_v := a*b;
    end if;
    update_ports : c <= c_v;
    end process m32x32;
    end architecture synth;
    Mike Treseler, Jan 28, 2007

  3. anil

    HT-Lab Guest

    "Mike Treseler" <> wrote in message
    > anil wrote:
    >> hello,
    >>
    >> iam a student of bachelor of engineering,
    >> iam working on the testing of single precision multiplier
    >> using simuTAG (using JTAG interface).can anybody help
    >> me out in finding the VHDL CODE for 32 bit floating point
    >> multiplier.

    > Consider using an unsigned multiply.
    > Writing a floating point multiplier
    > would be a lot of work.

    No, this is not a complicated assignment since a FP multiplier is nothing
    more than a standard multiplier with some exponent and rounding logic. A bit
    of googling will answer all his questions :)

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Jan 28, 2007